March 29, 2024, 10:28:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: triggering an ARTURIA synth with acoustic drums but controlling pitch on keyboa  (Read 2253 times)

tiousdolls

HI all
I'm desperately trying with my band to trigg a vst or au synth (precisely arturia would be the best) with an acoustic drum. Until there, nothing very complicated but that's the thing:

While i want my drum trigger to trigg the notes of the synth (just on/off) I want be able to chose which notes are played with my keyboard.

To be specific, my drummer plays, on each kick drum played, one note is played on miniMg for example but according to the note I'm playing at the same time on my keyboard :)

The only way to do it for the moment was with the ARP2600 using External in patched in S/H GATE but it's not perfect yet. Two things I want to solve:

1 - by using this method, the notes are played in latch mode while I'd like them momentary (I mean when I press a key and the drummer plays kick, it plays a note, while for the moment notes are played every time even when I release the keys on my keyboard)

2 - other thing but seems more difficult to obtain, I'd like to have sound even when he don't plays the drums...

some ARP2600 programmer genius around here?? :) :) :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines