March 28, 2024, 11:56:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cannot get AF to work in Garageband whatsoever...  (Read 3950 times)

drewbee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Cannot get AF to work in Garageband whatsoever...
« on: August 02, 2012, 02:46:48 pm »
That's the problem. It plays fine connected to USB via the Analog Factory software but can't get it to even record in Garageband - which would be fine to at least get the sound working. Any ideas, hints, tips, anything....and when it does play, I can hit record (just basic recording) and all I get is the soft-synths from Garageband, not from the keyboard itself (the actual sounds).

I've updated to OSX Mountain Lion and was told it would work fine. Thanks for any help - 'cos I'm getting nowhere.

lyford

Re: Cannot get AF to work in Garageband whatsoever...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 02:45:15 am »
Hi Drewbee -

Are you talking about getting the AF plugin to show in GB?  GB has a way of "hiding" the original AudioUnit from you - look at the instructions here to create a new software instrument and use it in GB...

http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/garageband-ilife-2/adding-instruments-garageband

http://www.macworld.com/article/1151581/gbinstruments.html

Garageband instruments are more like channel strip settings in Logic, you have that...

I got it to work but it is wonky.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:03:40 am by lyford »

drewbee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 01:25:02 pm »
I've got it to show up finally. It works now which is great.

Only other thing - the 'Filter' section on the hardware board itself with the Cutoff and Resonance sometimes stop working. They literally refuse to initiate anything happening - everything else works and only way to re-initiate it is to disconnect and re-connect the USB cable.

Gah. Apart from that it works well. Have you ever had that issue? Thanks for answering my question by the way.

lyford

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 04:39:33 pm »
Glad to hear you got it working!  I never had that issue, though I don't work in GB often, mostly Logic.  I did have a problem when I had assigned those controllers to try to control filter and res on other Apple synths - Logic would intercept everything and it wouldn't let AF "see" the input. (I may have been doing something incorrectly to cause this, I was in doodle mode and wasn't paying strict attention.)  Unassigning those controllers released them back to AF...

There is a hardware reset command that helped me when I had some glitchy aftertouch issues...  though it seemed very specific to the model of firmware and wasn't correctly stated in the manual.  You have to hold down some keys when you power up the unit.

I hoped Arturia would link to some of these instructions on this board but no luck so far.  I would send an email to support asking for that reset power up for your model...  Good luck!

drewbee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 03:31:21 pm »
Thanks lyford. I've sent Arturia an email for the reset function, hopefully they get back to me eventually. I can live without the Cutoff-Resonance knobs but it'd be nice to have a full-working piece of kit...

Thanks again for your help. I'll be back when I've got the support and let you know how I got on. How did you unassign those, out of interest? Once again, thanks for your help. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines