March 28, 2024, 10:03:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SEM AU Blowing up Old Logic Pro Songs...  (Read 15369 times)

JDoo

• Beta-testers
SEM AU Blowing up Old Logic Pro Songs...
« on: August 02, 2012, 04:21:15 am »
Several of my Logic Pro songs have been rendered unusable lately due to a bug coming up when I open them.  In Logic Pro 9.1.7 opening up a song with the SEM included, sometimes crashes Logic with this error:

Reading Plug-ins for Song --
gets to Oberheim SEM -- then Error:

Error: read_size == bytesize
file: /jenkins/root/workspace/Oberheim_SEM_Mac_Release/Oberheim_SEM/project/Mac/../../../WrapperLib/src/VST3/BaseProcessor.cpp
line: 678

Other songs, open fine.  Tried re-launching Logic in 32 bit mode..  same error. 

Mac OS 10.8
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory  8 GB

-------------
I opened a trouble ticket, but have not heard back from Arturia yet.  Has anyone run into anything similar?  I see that there is a sw update for other Arturia instruments .. but no patch for the SEM.  Am nervous about opening up any existing Logic files until I get word..  A work around would be nice.. but at this point, once the file is corrupted with this error - logic closes and won't open the song.   :-\

lyford

Re: SEM AU Blowing up Old Logic Pro Songs...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 05:43:17 am »
I haven't had the particular issue you have had, but you can try starting logic in diagnostic mode and see if SEM passes AU validation...

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2047

"By holding down modifier keys while you open the application, you can put Logic Pro or Logic Express into one of several troubleshooting modes. To do this, go to your Applications folder, double-click the Logic icon, then hold down the respective modifier key(s) from the table below until a dialog appears or Logic is fully loaded."

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 09:08:50 am »
Hi,
this problem has been reported by another user. Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce it.
Can you give me your support ticket number so we will be able to discuss it?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 06:13:16 pm »
Hi,
this problem has been reported by another user. Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce it.
Can you give me your support ticket number so we will be able to discuss it?

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Thanks.  My ticket # is 111745.  I pasted the error log into the ticket, and would be happy to work through this with your support team.

Cheers -

Joe

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 07:57:42 pm »
I haven't had the particular issue you have had, but you can try starting logic in diagnostic mode and see if SEM passes AU validation...

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2047

"By holding down modifier keys while you open the application, you can put Logic Pro or Logic Express into one of several troubleshooting modes. To do this, go to your Applications folder, double-click the Logic icon, then hold down the respective modifier key(s) from the table below until a dialog appears or Logic is fully loaded."

Thanks for this Lyford.  I had checked the AUs versions, etc via the Preferences->Audio Units Manager.. but it only said that the SEM had passed validation.  Interestingly though -- the SEM shows an instrument version of 1.1.1 - even though i am running the 1.1.3 bundle.  The AU that pops up shows version 1.1.3.  I am not certain that makes any difference, but it's something that might make sense for the Arturia developers to verify.

j

Waza

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 11:03:08 pm »
have you tried unistalling SEM to see if your projects load up?

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 11:26:24 pm »
have you tried unistalling SEM to see if your projects load up?
Hi Waza

Thanks for the suggestion.  I moved the SEM out of the directories and reloaded Logic.. still no joy for the couple of projects.  Other projects -- no problems.  It's an odd error.

Waza

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 12:45:10 am »
sounds very odd indeed. Maybe there is a conflict with an Fx you've got on that channel that it does not like when loading. It's a long shot though.

FOXdigital

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 09:09:01 pm »
Have the same problem. Can't you go back to 1.1.0 and see if the presets at least load?
Thanx

have used version 1.1.0 with Studio One 2.0.6 and have updated to version 1.1.3, which resulted in a error, pic is attached to this post:

Error: read_size ==bytesize file: /jenkins/root/workspace/Oberheim_SEM_Mac_Release/Oberheim_SEM/project/Mac/../../../WrapperLib/src/VST3/BaseProcessor.cppline: 693

After going back to 1.1.0 i can start songs again without getting the above message, but it won't load my presets. I have lots of songs with more than one Oberheim track, which are totally useless now, no matter what i do.   Can someone help, please?

Working with MacBook Pro QuadCore, SSD, 8GB RAM and 10.6.8

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 10:02:47 pm »
Update -

I was able to get the songs back.  It was a strange issue, and I think was related to a new template I had created with the Spark and Multi-outputs.  Anyway - I corrected it by..
1. Disabled Audio drivers under Logics audio preferences
2. Opened the project that had been blowing up. (with the audio disabled - it opens fine)
3. Removed the SEM from the channel strip that was referncing it.
4. Closed Logic (maybe not necessary -- but I was being paranoid about cache/etc..)
5. Re-opened Logic and Enabled Audio drivers under the Logics audio preferences
6. Opened my project, added back in the SEM.. 
Everything working now.  Like I said, I think it was a funky setting in a template that I had been playing with that hammered the project.  So far, (and I have opened / closed this file a few times) - knock wood . . . everything is back working again

lyford

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 11:51:56 pm »
Glad to hear you got it working again - I was worried it was a lurking bug that would eventually get me...  ;D

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 06:01:15 am »
 :)  I'm glad too Lyford.  Was a weird one.  Glad it seems to be fixed now though...

Adrien

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 10:38:07 am »
HI

We need you !
We would like you to help us to solve this issue as we have difficulties to reproduce it (and so to fix it) :
  • If you have a preset file of any host which make this problem occurs when you load it, please send it to technical-inquiry@arturia.com with a description of you platform and attach the preset to the mail
  • If you are ok to participate in the test of the fix (when I will have it, soon I hope) write technical-inquiry@arturia.com with a description of you platform

Please when sending the mail write :
readsize == bytesize case 113142

thank you for your help
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 11:00:29 pm »
Hi Adrien -

As noted above - my case # was 111745.  I sent all my project files to support@arturia.com care of Kevin.  Also, as I mentioned ... I have since corrected the problem and closed this ticket on - line.  I think I have deleted the offending template - but will look, and send it if I can find it.  Kevin has the project file and any included supporting files though...

Cheers

joe

ccrmusic

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 07:26:15 pm »
I've had the exact same error message with a Logic Pro session of mine using the SEM. JDoo's way of disabling the audio and opening the affected session worked great. Thanks a lot!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines