March 28, 2024, 03:11:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Multi outs  (Read 2061 times)

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Multi outs
« on: July 23, 2012, 12:34:48 am »
Hi all

Just wanted to go through multi outs and see if there is a way to rectify how this works.

I understand how we set up multi outs and I have that all sorted, it's just that we don't have enough for the full 16 parts.

Discount 'master' we have 2 through to 16, so when (In Pro Tools) i set up my aux inputs to receive my multi outs, I have aux 1 - 16. In Spark I have 'Master' then 2 - 16. This means I have to put aux 1 in pro tools onto mixer channel 2 in Spark, aux 2 in Pro tools onto mixer channel 3 in spark etc etc  until I get to aux 15 in pro tools. Aux 16 in pro tools has to be on the same channel as 15 because I have run out of Spark channels, this is because I started at output 2 on spark and not output 1 and we don't have an aux for the master output.

OK, so will I use all 16 drum parts all at the same time? Probably not but maybe some guys will The channel numbering is confusing because you have to put aux 1 in your DAW to channel 2 from the output of spark if you want multiple outs, therefore this means we loose a channel because of there being no output 1.

Maybe we could have outputs in Spark starting at 1 through to 16 as well as a master output, therefore we can use all 16 aux channels in the DAW to conform to the Spark outputs and the channel numbering would therefore become less confusing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Stuart

PS. Ignore the karma, seems I have acquired a stalker on this forum  ???

Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Jackenite

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Multi outs
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:07:21 am »
I second this motion. Outs for the Spark aux 1 & 2 would complete the setup. Even if we still only had 15, the workflow would be streamlined by having their numbers start at 1.
Dr. MySTERIUM / Dubstep Radio 88.3
check my glitch on Soundcloud

Quad Core AMD Laptop 8 gb RAM win7
Motu Ultralite Hybrid MK3 interface
iconnect midi interface
Ableton, FL 10, Spark, Deckadance
KP3 fx, SH32 synth, Dr 202, AN200
Nocturn / Mini 32 Key/ Stanton Scs.3d
Roland DS-5's / Sony V5

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 09:04:39 am »
Hi,
adding the aux to the extra output should be possible.
Concerning the number of outputs, the problem is that some DAW do not let us have more the 16 outputs.
We are currently considering changing the way of this works in Spark.
Maybe having several modes (master, multi out) or maybe several plugins (like in Kontakt for instance).
This is still not decided so won't be in 1.5 (maybe 1.6).

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 12:19:19 pm »
Hi, yeah that would be a great addition.

I was going to mention the way Kontact implement this although I find the way that NI have implemented it a bit confusing to set up. Lots of users although now have multi outs from Kontact, the forums were flooded with threads on how complicated it was. Purely down to how the DAW aux picked up the output and there was a specific order in which to do so.

In Spark it is so much easier as there is no multi assigning, there is no saving of presets which I find a more intuitive way to do it. Maybe a different plug in specifically for multi out mode which gives you 1 through to 16, this would get over the limitation in some DAW's, or a switch in the plug in which turns master off, so it can be used as 1.

Thanks

Stuart     
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 10:04:37 am »
With the multi out set up affecting the filter and slicer buttons, how easy would it be to also have a master out that would record all slicer and filter movement?

Thanks

Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark