April 20, 2024, 12:54:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: cant delete my licenses from arturia website  (Read 9406 times)

warzenger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
cant delete my licenses from arturia website
« on: July 18, 2012, 04:43:27 pm »
hello

i sold my license for v collection and my license for spark but i somehow cant delete my licenses from my account .
when i delete them it says on my screen that the license has been deleted but it simply does not delete the license from my account.
i put up a case fot tech. assistance but i havent heard for 4 days anything from arturia.
the v collection and the spark are already at the new owners but because of this glitch on the arturia website the licenses on my account wont get deleted by wich they cant register the license wich is now theirs.
im feeling pretty dumb here cause these people payed their money for something they cant use.
i hope someone knows something to do about this cause i want these people to be able to use their software/hardware.

best regards

sebastiaan

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
Re: cant delete my licenses from arturia website
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 05:32:59 pm »
Actually, due to the Hybrid Madness promo, you cannot remove the registration from your account yourself.
You have to request from Arturia to transfer it to the new owner (if you are reselling it), together with the free software (the free software instruments are linked to the master serial number and you are not allowed to un-bundle them).
The only way to return/resell software that has already been activated is to transfer (not delete) the licenses (V-Collection2, in that case) to a new USB-eLicenser (Steinberg Key) and include that dongle with the Spark.
See http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/support/elicenser.html for details regarding the eLicenser and the license transfer process.

warzenger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 08:28:01 pm »
hello sean,

i bought arturia spark with the arturia v collection during hybrid madnes with the understanding both softwares are resellable.
there was never any mention that the controller and the spark software are in any way connected as softwares in a bundle to the arturia v collection.
also in my account they are both registred as different licenses and when i send a msg to arturia by a tech request they answered me the following :

Hello Sebastiaan,

In case of resale, make sure:
1. To transfer your license(s) on an USB-eLicenser, being resold to the next user
2. To delete the synth(s) registration(s) under your account: hhtp://www.arturia.com/login
3. To include all original elements in the pack: CD, manual, registration card

So the new buyer won't get a new activation code.

Kind regards,
Rxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
Reply-To: xxx@xxx
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 03:12:21 +0200
To: arturia_support@arturia.com
Subject: Other V Collection REG support request

REGISTERED V Collection - Request for technical support

hello good people at arturia ,

i would like to unregister my license of v collection so i can resell it.
i have now got the licence on my elicenser , what will happen if i unregister ?
does the license stay on the elicencer and do i sell that with the software or does the new buyer get a whole new activation code?
and if the later happens how do i remove the license from the elicenser?

much regards

sxxxxxxxxx xxxxx

they didnt mention that i couldnt sell my v collection seperated from my spark.
then i also found this topic at kvr audio where these licenses were suppost to be deleted on the site , but like with me it didnt delete the licenses and after that he had contact with employees of arturia and they then deleted his licenses and allowed resale of the software seperated from the hybrid instrument , multiple even.
i base this on this topic wich is on kvr :

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=349901&highlight=arturia

so i would asume same goes for all us hybrid madness owners , cause it was never mentioned in any of the conditions these were one and the same license.

i hope this will resolve cause as i mentioned before i sold the v collection to someone and the spark to someone else.

best regards

sebastiaan

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:54:20 pm »
there was never any mention that the controller and the spark software are in any way connected as softwares in a bundle to the arturia v collection.
Actually, there were notes (in fine print, admittedly) both in the "How Does It Work" page:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/buy/hybrid-madness/how-does-it-work.html
"Do I get the full versions ? Do I get the latest versions ? Do I qualify for upgrades in the future ?....
Yes, you will be treated as a regular customer for the free product you get.
Please note that the free software instruments cannot be transferred, resold to, or registered by third parties."
and the "Get My Free Instruments" page:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/buy/hybrid-madness/get-my-free-instruments.html
"Warning : Please note that the Hybrid Madness free software, being solely bound to the purchase of the hybrid instrument in the context of the promotion. It cannot be transferred, resold to, or registered by third parties."

they didnt mention that i couldnt sell my v collection seperated from my spark.
That's because you didn't specify in your inquiry that it was a free V-Collection2 you got with Spark.

This was also discussed in the forums here.

Not sure what happened in the KVR thread, but that was clearly a mistake.

Unbundling and reselling free elements separately is not allowed.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:08:49 pm by Sean W »

warzenger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 10:23:50 pm »
hello sean,

ok then i mustve missed that part , in that case i guess theres nothing left to do but give those people their money back and let them send the v collection and the spark back.

best regards

sebastiaan

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 10:49:26 pm »
Sebastiaan,
just to clarify, you are allowed to resell both items together to the same person.
In this case, Arturia would transfer the registration of both serials from your account to the new owner's account.
(you still would have to include the activated V-Collection2 license on a USB-eLicenser dongle, together with the Spark controller)

warzenger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 10:53:41 pm »
hello sean

yes i understood that , so i send emails to the people who i sold it to and asked them to send it back and refund them their money and after i will try to sell it as one bundled product.
thank you for your time.

best regards

sebastiaan

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines