March 28, 2024, 01:32:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Poll

What changes would you loved to see on future MiniBrute derivatives ? (multi choice)

1: Bigger keyb: 32 keys
1 (2.2%)
2: Bigger keyb: 37 keys
3 (6.5%)
3: No Keyboard, Pitch and ModWheel
8 (17.4%)
4: chain support for polyphony when adding more Brute modules (like poly voice SEMs)
9 (19.6%)
5: support for MIDI CC input control of all the analog parameters
9 (19.6%)
6: plug-in controller for easier DAW integration (if 5 is true)
7 (15.2%)
7: patch librarian (if 5 is true)
7 (15.2%)
8: no Arp section (to keep cost down (?) if 5 is true)
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: (call me crazy but here it goes): The "Brute" dinasty ;)  (Read 3787 times)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
(call me crazy but here it goes): The "Brute" dinasty ;)
« on: January 23, 2012, 12:40:41 pm »
...or anything else you already think you would love to see in any (distant?) future products based on this "little" fellow ;)

Yeah, I know, I'm crazy posting such a thread so early in time but I've seen so many buzz around MiniBrute that I'm hopeful it'll be a commercial success.

If true (and let's hope that prediction holds!) it's natural to expect follow-ups based in this "baby".

Taking on some of the things I've seen mentioned on forums and comments around the web and also things I would love to see implemented on a future evolution of it, I've decided to go ahead, make a fool of myself (let's hope not!) and post this poll ;)

Explaining my votes: I voted for a no-keyb version only because I'm counting of buying the announced existing keyb-version in April and if it happens, in the future add to it an "expansion" module (so the keyb isn't necessary at that point).

What's better than 1 MiniBrute? 2 MiniBrutes :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 12:47:09 pm by Koshdukai »

Sweep

Re: (call me crazy but here it goes): The "Brute" dinasty ;)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 09:15:34 pm »
I voted for 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.  Some of those would suit me personally. Others wouldn't matter to me but I think they'd be a smart move for other users.

I could have voted for 8, no arp section, but I think it's nice to have an arp feature regardless of whatever options are available for external control. I like to use an arpeggiator as an extra modulation source, of sorts, as well as for the more obvious use. I'd much rather have one than a sequencer, as well. (I've made much more use of the MiniMgV and the CS80V's arpeggiators than of the MMV and 2600V's sequencers.)  So much more interactive and interesting.

I think you're right to post this poll at such an early stage. Future planning starts now, especially as Arturia's competitors are probably looking at the MiniBrute and panicing a bit right now, but will start to think furiously about what they can come up with in future.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:46:24 am »
I could have voted for 8, no arp section, but I think it's nice to have an arp feature regardless of whatever options are available for external control. I like to use an arpeggiator as an extra modulation source, of sorts, as well as for the more obvious use. I'd much rather have one than a sequencer, as well. (I've made much more use of the MiniMgV and the CS80V's arpeggiators than of the MMV and 2600V's sequencers.)  So much more interactive and interesting.
I only added the "no Arp" as a hint of another place to cut (if there's any substantial additional) costs of turning all the analog params into digitally controllable through MIDI CCs.

If they can keep it at the same price or even lower then the keyb version while keeping the arp in, I'm ok with that. But a in rack/module begging to be DAW/Seq controlled, the arp could be the 2nd less important feature, after the keyboard, IMHO :)

I think you're right to post this poll at such an early stage. Future planning starts now [...]
Exactly! So thanks for showing me I'm not that crazy after all ;)

holografique

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 08:14:16 am »
a second VCO would be the shit...

Marco.C

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 03:42:17 pm »
a second VCO would be the shit...
Yeah, it would allow FM & HardSync at least :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines