April 19, 2024, 08:14:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia V-Collection Update from v2 to v3?  (Read 15109 times)

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Re: Arturia V-Collection Update from v2 to v3?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 01:43:15 pm »
no it will cost me £234 in uk currenct $299 euro's total.

So that is why i'm asking if they're any good.

I guess if you're buying new, I have a few products already so maybe it's just for certain upgrades.

As i said previous, yes they are worth having, the emulation is very good, any sound you want to recreate you can do it with one of these synths. Download the demos and take a listen only then can you judge if they're worth the cost.

Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Waza

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 07:30:57 pm »
yes i'm getting $100 Euro's knocked off as i have the Laboratory 61 keyboard.

I've listened to the sounds from that and i do like them, i always keep wanting to tweak them though, so i might just pull the pin and go for them.

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 07:47:00 pm »
That is the beauty pf having the actual synth installed, used to create the laboratory presets.
There is some edit control just using the laboratory, ie cut off, resonance etc. But the have the orignal synth installed to for example add another VCO to the sound, or change the filter type. It's helpful, and with the extra carrot of £100, you can't go wrong.

I have to limit myself now to just 2 or 3 synths otherwise the sonic choice is endless

Stuart 
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Waza

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 07:53:27 pm »
I know want you mean stuart.

I'm selling my DSP discovery pro cause i've not even opened it up in about a year.

Waza

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 08:31:24 pm »
stuart just bought it thanks for your help.:)

Downloading now.

HerrFrey

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 10:49:52 pm »

BRAVO ARTURIA!

Yea not happy with this one myself bought mine 3 weeks before V3 came out for $499 so now I have to spend an extra $99 totaling $598 to get what is sold for $399 not happy.

I completely agree with you on this bcbtoby.

I'm being offered a $69USD upgrade from V2 to V3.

I've already dropped over $3000 to you guys buying The Origin, Spark, Spark VDM, etc. Why should I have pay even more when you can't even stop chomping on baguettes and guzzling wine to reply to technical support issues in a timely manner, divert a REASONABLE amount of resources towards developing existing products towards the originally promised specs (ORIGIN, ORIGIN, ORIGIN!!).

Besides dropping the Mg name from everything, what other actual improvements have you made from V2 to V3. Arturia, you sure as shit didn't earn the first $3000.00 I gave you, maybe try and earn this $69 for a change. Where is a simple list of upgraded features???

I absolute agree with you! Not even the poor and buggy preset-management of Mg Modular V or MiniMg V has been optimized. Not to mention the cpu-hunger of spark vdm which is still very high. Same with the sonic capabilities of some synths (Arp2600) which sounded good when they were released a few years ago, but seem outdated now compared to other new released va-synths.
Take a look at the plugins of U-HE, like DIVA (includes MiniMg). Their sound is state of the art: pure rich non-flat analog-feeling, which I miss at Arturia-products.

An update should be more than raise up the amount of synths for new customers and annoying the old with an unfair price and sales policy.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:58:40 pm by HerrFrey »

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 11:30:23 pm »
I absolute agree with you! Not even the poor and buggy preset-management of Mg Modular V or MiniMg V has been optimized. Not to mention the cpu-hunger of spark vdm which is still very high. Same with the sonic capabilities of some synths (Arp2600) which sounded good when they were released a few years ago, but seem outdated now compared to other new released va-synths.

I know what you mean about the pricing, they have dropped the price which means some people are going to be pissed if they bought the old version less than a month before.

But there has to be a cut off period for sales and a cut off period in which they keep these offers. It's not like Arturia are the alone in this. Apple for instance, they don't give a flying f**k about their customers, someone can walk into a shop and buy a MBP and the next day they could release a faster one at a cheaper price and Apple wouldn't take it back. It's just the luck of the draw right?

As far as the bugs.. Yes there are a few, but once you know what they are, just work around them, the preset naming is a pain at time on the Mg stuff yes, but it's a drop in the ocean to what guys have had to put up with with other software people. Avid for one.

The ARP 2600 isn't as great sounding as the TimewARP 2600, I do prefer the sound of that to the Arturia, but i don't get CPU hogging with the Spark. If you're running pro tools, it's more likely Pro Tools, PT's has never liked VI's and probably never will.
Mac 10.7.5
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection