March 28, 2024, 10:57:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A Question, and a TIP FOR ARTURIA  (Read 2555 times)

Oberman

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
  • It's Ober-Time!
    • SoundCloud
A Question, and a TIP FOR ARTURIA
« on: July 08, 2012, 09:34:01 pm »
When can we expect to see Unison implemented? I'm not talking about poly unison or anything special, just good old fashioned monophonic unison with all 8 boards! Pardon my ignorance, but is it really that hard to program in?  ???

An Oberheim without basic Unison mode is a SERIOUS OMISSION.  :-\

To be perfectly honest, I haven't used the SEM V that much because of this.... I usually lay down a Bass track first when makin' music, so right out of the gate, I'm stuck. Sure, I could use the Sub-Oscillator but that's no real substitute. This could EASILY be my favorite synth if it had this basic feature, but seeing as it doesn't..... well.... I only use it once and a while... for pads and stuff.  :(

Please, please PLEASE for the love of GOD, patch this feature into the next release! Don't worry about poly unison, but just give us basic Unison in the meantime!

Remember, Arturia.... "All or nothing" is not a good update-flow.....
Not every release has to be a "Tock" release.... give us some "Ticks" aswell....

Have a seat, Arturia, let's have a little talk, no bullcrap.  8)

"Arturia's support is the worst EVER!!!!2131!@#!#"  

How many times have you read that kind of thing and thought: "Christ, we're doing the best we can!"

I have noticed over the years, that companies who spend a year trying to implement every single function perfectly in one big update, usually lose a good chunk of their fan-base in the process. It's the wait, really. People wait and wait, with no fixes or any word of their progress.  It seems rather counter-productive to me! Save yourselves the angry customers posting, and add functions over time! This way you can spend time working on new stuff, and us users can enjoy the frequent updates! Please, don't think I'm trying to be a jerk or anything, I just figured I'd recommend this as perhaps people would stop bitching at you.

In the fast-paced world of computer software, "Slow and steady" doesn't win the race. Slow and steady fades into bubbling tar-pits of obsolete obscurity and defunct products. I'm not saying to race either, but throw us a bone eh?

I love you guys; you make great musical instruments and I mean no offense by this post, but do take it into consideration.

-Adam Borseti,
   Freelance Patch Designer
[IV. Cygnus: Bringer Of Balance]

I have memory and awareness
But I have no shape or form
As a disembodied spirit
I am dead and yet unborn
I have passed into Olympus
As was told in tales of old
To the city of Immortals
Marble white and purest gold...

Carbonate design by Bloc