April 25, 2024, 06:02:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V-Collection 3  (Read 7973 times)

MattGreer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V-Collection 3
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:17:56 pm »
Available for sale at Guitar Center, apparently:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Arturia-V-Collection-3-Virtual-Instrument-Bundle-107761827-i2429558.gc

My question is this.  I just bought the V-Collection 2.  Is there going to be an upgrade path?  Was there an upgrade path from V-Collection 1 to V-Collection 2?

Thanks,

Matt

Plank

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
Re: V-Collection 3
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 03:45:08 am »
As the Arturia/Mg Music licence has come to an end, and looking at the pic of the box that was on the web page of the link you posted, you can see on the side of the box that there are no Mg's in this collection (no MiniMg or Mg Modular), but it now comes with the SEM V (Oberheim SEM, 2/4/8 voice) instead.

MattGreer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 05:19:08 am »
Fortunately, the text in the description disagrees with your assessment.

The luxury box contains the highly awarded MiniMg V, Mg Modular V, CS-80V, ARP2600 V, Prophet V, the Prophet VS, the Jupiter 8-V, Analog Laboratory, SEM V, Wurlitzer, and Vintage Drum Machines.

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 05:19:27 am »
... you can see on the side of the box that there are no Mg's in this collection (no MiniMg or Mg Modular), ...

No, the V-Collection 3 contains all the plugins from the V-Collection 2 + Oberheim SEM V, Wurlitzer V, Spark VDM and off course The Laboratory! And they will all be 64-bit as well!

Here is a bad quality pic I took from the Beat Workzone #2/2012...

If you look real close you can see that it is complete! Nothing is missing! ;)

MattGreer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 05:20:36 am »
So what I want to know is, will I be able to upgrade from V-Collection 2 to V-Collection 3?  Maybe?  Probably?  Anyone here with an original V-Collection that upgraded to 2.0?

If I don't open the box, I can still send V-Collection 2 back.

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 05:49:31 am »
... will I be able to upgrade from V-Collection 2 to V-Collection 3?  ...

I don't know, but you can compare here at GuitarCenter... :D

Plank

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 12:37:09 pm »
... you can see on the side of the box that there are no Mg's in this collection (no MiniMg or Mg Modular), ...
No, the V-Collection 3 contains all the plugins from the V-Collection 2 + Oberheim SEM V, Wurlitzer V, Spark VDM and off course The Laboratory! And they will all be 64-bit as well!
Here is a bad quality pic I took from the Beat Workzone #2/2012...

If you look real close you can see that it is complete! Nothing is missing! ;)

If you look at the photo on the Guitar Center web via the first link on this page, you will see a differant pic of a differant V-Collection 3 Box.
That box only have the ARP2600V, JP-8V, CS-80V, Pro5-V and the SEM-V on it.
So untill we get the offical word from Arturia, it's all just quess work on everybody's part inc. the shops, so we'll just have to wait and see.
But I don't thik we'll hear anything until the Summer NAMM Show.

MattGreer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 04:54:04 pm »
I'm going to go buy it today, so I should have an answer for you soon.

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 08:52:01 pm »
The answer is right below the picture. Just read the text!

The V Collection brings you the most legendary and sought after synthesizers ever in one very affordable package. This ultimate edition is the complete solution when high quality, authentic and modern synthesizer sounds are demanded. The luxury box contains the highly awarded MiniMg V, Mg Modular V, CS-80V, ARP2600 V, Prophet V, the Prophet VS, the Jupiter 8-V, Analog Laboratory, SEM V, Wurlitzer, and Vintage Drum Machines. On top of that, the latest 64-bit updates of all software instruments have been added to make the package even more complete.

Any further questions?

@MattGreer

Do you realy think you'll get it before it's released by Arturia?

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 09:32:02 pm »
... looking at the pic of the box that was on the web page of the link you posted, you can see on the side of the box that there are no Mg's in this collection (no MiniMg or Mg Modular), ...

If you look on the image you'll see that there is the new Mini V on it and by the way the Modular V is also part of the collection....  ;)

MattGreer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 10:28:27 pm »
OK, I have V-Collection 3 sitting here on my desk.  Being the 4th I'm supposed to head over to my relative's house so I'm skipping pictures for now.  I can't explain why it's not on Arturia's website, but if you check guitarcenter.com they've got them in stock.  At least they do in Colorado.  ;)

This is what's written on the box:

10 legendary synthesizers and 30 classic drum machines that complement each other to give the modern musician everything needed when only the highest quality sounds will get the job done

There's a picture of CS-80V, Oberheim SEM V, SPARK Vintage, Analog LABORATORY, Mini V, ARP2600 V, Wurlitzer V, Prophet V, Modular V, Prophet VS, Jupiter-8 V.

Someone mentioned that the contract with Mg is running out, so I guess that's why we don't see the word Mg on the box.

So that's what's in the box.  It's fairly heavy so the manuals must be in there as well.

So here's my delimmia, I already own the Dr. Bob Collection and picked up the 32-key keyboard w/Analog Factory.  I also own, but have not opened, the Spark drum machine and V-Collection 2.  I can send back the Spark Drum machine and V-Collection 2 as I haven't opened them yet.  I own Native Instrument's Maschine.  Is there any reason to keep the Spark drum machine if I have Maschine?

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 12:26:45 am »
.. OK, I have V-Collection 3 sitting here on my desk.  ...

Do you have a version of Laboratory that already includes Wurlitzer V, Oberheim SEM V and Spark VDM? What? I wan't it too!  ???

So here's my delimmia, I already own the Dr. Bob Collection and picked up the 32-key keyboard w/Analog Factory.  I also own, but have not opened, the Spark drum machine and V-Collection 2.  I can send back the Spark Drum machine and V-Collection 2 as I haven't opened them yet.  I own Native Instrument's Maschine.  Is there any reason to keep the Spark drum machine if I have Maschine?

That's bad, but I guess I can' help you out, becaus I'm also thinking about selling The AE The Player 25 + Hip Hop Producer Bundle and my V-Collection 2 + Oberheim SEM V so I can buy the V-Collection 3 and still keep my AE The Laboratory 49 keyboard...  :'(

And guess what, I don't know what to do....  ???

But as I'm in germany I guess I will wait till it's available in a german music store...

MattGreer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 01:53:18 am »
Do they allow selling of Arturia products from consumers on this forum?

My other question, is there some software that's included with SPARK that isn't included in the V-Collection 3 bundle, as described above?

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 02:19:37 am »
Do they allow selling of Arturia products from consumers on this forum? ...

I don't know if they allow to sell software here on the forum, but you can contact one of the admins to ask them, or just sell it on ebay and post your link here, I guess.

...  is there some software that's included with SPARK that isn't included in the V-Collection 3 bundle, as described above?

The Spark CDM is an extended version of the Spark VDM. Spark VDM is included in the Spark CDM software but Spark CDM has a much bigger library and I'm not sure if the Spark expansion packs work with the VDM version that is part of the V-Collection 3.

MattGreer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 05:23:39 am »
Is there a comparison somewhere between SPARK Vintage, CDM, and VDM?  What's in the box with the SPARK hardware?  What's in V-Collection 2?  What's in V-Collection 3?

I'll try reading around the website to see if I can figure these things out.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines