March 28, 2024, 07:34:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sustain Pedal not recognised if pressed after playing notes  (Read 2257 times)

chambinator

Every synthesizer (software or hardware) I have ever owned work the same way... you can activate the sustain function (CC 64 = 127) either before you have played the notes or after, the result is the same: those notes are held.

Arturia's Analog Factory sustain (don't know about the individual soft synths yet) only works if you press the footswitch before playing the notes. If pressed after, those notes are not held.  ::)

This is one of the most important, basic, functions of any keyboard.

Update please !

I see this is a problem reported repeatedly in this forum (although it mostly concerns the fact that you've also got the on/off reversed!), with no solution to what I have just described above.

I am impressed by the sounds I hear from the synths, but not at all by the keyboard due to this "little detail".  >:(

Marzzz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sustain Pedal not recognised if pressed after playing notes
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 11:40:48 pm »
The problem is the polarity of the pedal is the reverse of what the Analog Factory is able to support. I have the same problem with the Factory 32 and a Yamaha FC5 footswitch. We should be able to reverse the polarity in the Factory settings, but this does not seem to be an option.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines