March 28, 2024, 08:54:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin update 1.4.0 available now  (Read 17145 times)

Philippe

Origin update 1.4.0 available now
« on: June 26, 2012, 06:28:53 pm »
Hello dear Origin users,

The 1.4.0 firmware update for Origin is available for download here:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/origin/resources.html#update

Have fun
Origin Lead  Developer

synthguy99

Re: Origin update 1.4.0 available now
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 07:28:27 pm »
Oh poop... and here I am in the middle of a writing project that has me by the throat.  :P

Friday, I really should take some time off and get this thing installed, and start swapping the Obie SEM filter in my Oberheim patches!  Should be awesome sauce.

By the way, what OSCs are you guys using with the SEM filter to get the closest to an Oberheim synth?
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 05:41:58 pm »
By the way, what OSCs are you guys using with the SEM filter to get the closest to an Oberheim synth?

Some of the G Darcey SEM patches (GDarcey_SEM_1.4.ogs) included in the update .zip archive are using MiniMg OSCs and they sound great. I hadn't played around with the SEM-V, hearing the SEM filter on the Origin for the first time was pretty stunning.

Syndromeda

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 08:47:52 am »
I get a message: "An error ocurred during the transfer" when I try to add other soundbanks, also the new included ones...
Life is music and music is life.

Philippe

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 09:13:33 am »
I get a message: "An error ocurred during the transfer" when I try to add other soundbanks, also the new included ones...

In Origin Connection:

- goto the menu "File -> Open the Logs Folder"
- in the window that has opened, select everything, compress, and send me the archive.

Thanks
Origin Lead  Developer

Syndromeda

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 09:49:22 am »
Hi Philippe, today I tried again, no problems, maybe the update also needed another restart of my computer or a night of sleep who can tell??? If it appears again I will send you the log...BUT another bug seems to have re-appeared: when I turn on the Origin, the master volume is at zero, which means no volume until you move te knob. I remember this happened once before, update 1.2 or so.....
Cheers,
Danny

In Origin Connection:

- goto the menu "File -> Open the Logs Folder"
- in the window that has opened, select everything, compress, and send me the archive.

Thanks

Philippe

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 10:37:42 am »
BUT another bug seems to have re-appeared: when I turn on the Origin, the master volume is at zero, which means no volume until you move te knob. I remember this happened once before, update 1.2 or so.....
Cheers,
Danny

Hmmmmm.......
Is it happening whatever the 1st loaded preset is?
And if this is happening only with some presets, could you send them to me?

Thanks
Origin Lead  Developer

Syndromeda

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 11:27:32 am »
It happens whenever preset I use for opening, evening after changing presets, I'll have to move to master volume to get full volume - checking again there is volume but only 0.040 to the scale of 1.000.

BUT another bug seems to have re-appeared: when I turn on the Origin, the master volume is at zero, which means no volume until you move te knob. I remember this happened once before, update 1.2 or so.....
Cheers,
Danny

Hmmmmm.......
Is it happening whatever the 1st loaded preset is?
And if this is happening only with some presets, could you send them to me?

Thanks

Philippe

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 12:33:29 pm »
It happens whenever preset I use for opening, evening after changing presets, I'll have to move to master volume to get full volume - checking again there is volume but only 0.040 to the scale of 1.000.

Do you mean that you have to set again the master volume after each preset loading ?
Origin Lead  Developer

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 08:40:28 pm »
I'm still with the last beta, hope to have the time to go to the Real 1.4 this WE. I noticed this too, when you boot origin, the master volume is lower,, but not zero, you have to turn it up at each start, not each patch fortunately. Sorry i thought i sent you this bug phil.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 10:52:49 pm »
Hi guys,

Update went fine (well, on PC - I don't know if it's better than its predecessors on MAC...)

Also, those assert messages seem to be gone now which is good.

BUT now the question: When using MULTIs, does this new "Multi Level" take out output volume in general compared to earlier firmwares? This "slider" is now by default somewhere near 50%. So in v1.3 was this "slider" (which wasn't there yet!) at 100%?

Syndromeda

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 08:20:55 am »

Do you mean that you have to set again the master volume after each preset loading ?

No, only once, than it stays at max. But when I turn on the Origin, I can change presets and hear no sound, I first have to touch the master volume.

Philippe

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 09:02:54 am »
I'll have a look at this level bug. For now I have checked 4 machines here and I could reproduce this behaviour only one time - on a keyboard model - among many many reboots.
Origin Lead  Developer

Philippe

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 05:37:35 pm »
Hi guys,

Update went fine (well, on PC - I don't know if it's better than its predecessors on MAC...)

Also, those assert messages seem to be gone now which is good.

BUT now the question: When using MULTIs, does this new "Multi Level" take out output volume in general compared to earlier firmwares? This "slider" is now by default somewhere near 50%. So in v1.3 was this "slider" (which wasn't there yet!) at 100%?

Yes, you should get the same level than with the 1.3.50 when the slider is fully up (displays 1.0). I agree that I should have set it to 1. :-\
Origin Lead  Developer

Syndromeda

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 11:35:28 am »

With my machine (desktop) it happens every time :-(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines