March 28, 2024, 12:17:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Storm 2.0 Not Ready For Prime Time  (Read 32518 times)

phaedrum

Storm 2.0 Not Ready For Prime Time
« on: July 17, 2003, 09:46:23 pm »
OS 9:  Speaker-blowing pops on startup.
OS-X - Constant crashes, lockups, and bounces-to-desktop (never mind lack of Rewire support).
Manual:  A joke.

This could have been one of the best programs in its niche.  As it is, it is useless for professional, or even semi-professional, work.  There have been no patches or fixes since the problems were initially described in Electronic Musician.  This is inexcusable.  Arturia is selling a defective product that is only in the beta development stage.

anton

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 12:45:57 pm »
I agree:cry:
and this is why I keep on using Storm 1.5.1 : I do love this software and it makes me sad not to be able to play with a correct v2.0 for the new features would be quite usefull if usable...
I think an update would be greatly appreciated by us all Storm user instead of planning new wizards (I can't import), new instruments... or whatever.
I really hope Arturia team is working on Storm 2.1 (in my dreams I see them working in silence, to avoid users pressure like last year before the  v2.0 release... and some day I shall receive an e-mail advising me of the miracle : a new Storm version, fully effective and making Reason looking like a toy)
Well, Arturia team please tell us if we can expect an update to Storm 2.0 before 2005 or if this soft will be definitly a matter of desappointement to us... if you ever care of the users point of view.
I'm trying to think but nothing happens !

me

R.I.P.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 08:19:28 pm »
If a "major" software release hasn't had a maintenance upgrade in over two years, let alone a feature upgrade, bury it. Storm is the software equivalent of the walking dead. Arturia is clearly more interested in other things like their Mg synth, which allows them to glom off the success of serious products. Very sad indeed.

theo

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 10:25:47 am »
My experience with Storm is that it needs/requires a faster processor. I intially used it on a 55O Mhz G4 power book but this was inadequate for instruments such as Shadow and Orpheus.

I subsequently installed in on a 1 Ghz G4 and it runs well. Storm also runs well on a 2 Ghz Compaq.

I am only a neophyte but I have found Storm is the most accessible music program I have come across
G5 2-2 / storm / tracktion / soundtrack

dj ray

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 05:49:31 pm »
Obvoiusly the naysayers are wrong..as Strom continues to live on backed by the ever-consistent team at Arturia. Watch out for Storm 3 verra soon!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines