March 28, 2024, 07:06:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help mapping Simple Function from Keyboard to Lab software  (Read 2757 times)

JDoo

• Beta-testers
Help mapping Simple Function from Keyboard to Lab software
« on: June 20, 2012, 11:21:25 pm »
I would like to map one of the controls that came on my Laboratory 61 to increment a patch on the Laboratory screen.  What is the easiest key combination that someone has set up?  The rotary dial, and pressing a reset.. is hit/miss for me.  I am hoping that someone can point me to a thread (I searched unsuccessfully) or section in the manual (and a recommended control on the keyboard) to do this.

What I would like.. is to press a key (even one of the drum pads) - and have the Laboratory software move me to the next patch on the screen.  I am probably missing something simple here -- apologies.

Thank you

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Re: Help mapping Simple Function from Keyboard to Lab software
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 08:52:01 pm »
...I am probably missing something simple here ...

Yes you did!

You've missed reading the Solutions! and especially the post about The Category -/ Preset Knobs;D

This is working in SOUND and SCENE mode, but not for the sound browser in the edit page of a scene!

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 01:08:09 am »
Thanks Manuel.  I'll give that a look tonight.

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 01:35:23 pm »
Thanks again for your post.  I looked at your page, and checked what mapping i had for the Laboratory software for the existing controls.  They were already mapped to what you have on your link for "Use the following settings!"   These controls don't do it for me... This was what I was trying to say, when I posted "The rotary dial and pressing reset, don't do it for me".  :)  Those controls require several steps.  I'd really like to map the Category and Preset Adjust/Select buttons to the drum pads on the keyboard.

I ran out of time, and didn't try mapping Logic to the CC Numbers..  It already recognized the Category and Preset adjust/select controls... doing something else to the my Logic project when I pressed those. 

I guess I'll fiddle around with these controls when I get some time, and maybe writeup what I change.  Again, I may not be describing this clearly - but half expected that someone else has tried to map their Laboratory Category and Preset controls in Logic (to something easier to use than those knobs) :)

Cheers (and thanks for the link and try)

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 02:38:06 pm »
So you wanna use the DRUMPADS to move through the library, right?

Doesn't make sense for me but hey, thats your decision!

FunctionModeCC Number
Previous Patch   Control
Next PatchControl

This is working for every DAW and for every knob (or pad) on the keyboard!

But I guess you'll "fiddle out" a better way....  :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines