April 18, 2024, 07:22:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Preset Editing Issue  (Read 2590 times)

ReedeR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Preset Editing Issue
« on: June 15, 2012, 01:38:02 am »
Hi,

I recently bought V-Collection 2 and am using Pro Tools 10.2 as my DAW/Sequencer.

I loaded two instances of the Prophet-V on two separate Instrument tracks within Pro Tools (one for bass, one for pads), however when i edit the preset on one track (bass) ie. tweak the cutoff, it also affects the cutoff value of the other track (pad).

Surely you can have more than one instance of the Prophet-V running in a session that can be independently edited according to the selected track?

It is also impossible to have two of the same preset running from the same VST (Prophet, CS-80 etc.) at the same time, even if loaded on separate tracks.

This problem doesn't occur when the VST is loaded via Analog Lab, but i would much prefer to load the synths separately.

Anybody know how i can stop this from happening?

Cheers,

Reede

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Re: Preset Editing Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 03:22:13 pm »
Hi ReedeR,

I guess you should report this bug through Technical-Support. Send a support request to Arturia, because this is an absolutely abnormal bug I've never heard of.

Best regards,

Manuel

ReedeR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 05:40:15 pm »
Thanks Manuel,

I have already reported it to Technical Support and am waiting on a reply.

I really want this issue sorted ASAP, as the synths obviously work, but this problem is rendering them virtually useless in terms of workflow.

I am going to try and re-install the V-Collection and AL; could you please advise me (if you know) how to COMPLETELY remove all components of each synth in the V-Collection, and also Analog Laboratory?

Cheers,

Reede

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 07:14:23 pm »
... could you please advise me (if you know) how to COMPLETELY remove all components of each synth in the V-Collection, and also Analog Laboratory? ...

I'm not sure, what's your OS and version?

ReedeR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 05:22:46 am »
Hi Manuel,

I've just been playing around with the synths in Pro Tools and discovered any number of tracks containing the same synth are edited at the same time ONLY if edited using my Analog Experience 61 Key midi controller; if edited using just the mouse it only edits the selected synth and not the others..

Any ideas buddy?

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »
I don't know much about Pro Tools, but it seemse like you're actually using the same MIDI-Input-Channel on both tracks and thats why the settings are changing on both tracks.

Can you change the MIDI-Input-Channel for the different tracks or turn off MIDI-Input on one of them, like in Ableton? If so, you should try this. I guess that the standard Input-Channel is ALL or OMNI, so you have to use different MIDI-Channels for different tracks, to prevent this.

Best regards,

Manuel

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines