March 28, 2024, 07:27:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Want to buy, but need info  (Read 2504 times)

theboyfromthe80's

Want to buy, but need info
« on: June 14, 2012, 08:32:52 pm »
Hi, I'm new to the world of virtual synthesizers, can anyone recommend a good USB or MIDI keyboard I can use with this and other Synth software?

CC4

• Beta-testers
Re: Want to buy, but need info
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 03:34:28 pm »
that is really a loaded question.  do you have a host, MIDI interface, cables, etc.?  how much money do you want to spend?  what kinds of features do you want?

if you're asking here in the Arturia forums, i guess it would be right for me to at least recommend their cheapest solution--analog experience: the player.  it features a compact MIDI keyboard controller and light version of the analog factory software.

without knowing your amount of knowledge on the subject, i would point you to computer music magazine which often sells a good getting started guide.  kvr audio has great forums filled with information on music creation.  harmony central and many other websites can help you with reviews for finding a suitable MIDI keyboard.  the hitsquad musician network is a great resource for finding freeware, open source, and shareware music making software.  hopefully something listed there will point you more in the right direction.

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 07:01:30 pm »
 ;D

Yes, this is really your decision, but you can also check some online stores like Thomann, Music Store, Conrad etc. to search for different products and compare them.

There are so many different manufacturers producing a hugh variety of different USB-MIDI-Keyboard-Controllers that you can't even count them. ;)
Most of them can be used with pretty much every soft synth and off course also with the Oberheim SEM V.

BTW: Till the end of june Arturia is giving away free software instruments when you buy on of there hybride instruments. Check out the Hybride Madness Offers for more information.

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 09:19:21 pm »
Another option -- is to check various vendors who sell the Laboratory.  If you buy the Laboratory -- you can get three Arturia synths right now, as part of "Hybrid Madness" sale. 

An example - you can pick up the 49 Key Laboratory for $ 278 today.  I have no affiliation with Hello Music -- but picked up my 61 Key Laboratory from them several weeks ago for a little more.  Anyway -- for $278..  you get a good keyboard in addition to three software synths.  Not just the Oberheim SEM... but the SEM PLUS two more..  It is a great deal.  Hello Music is just one vendor, there are others.  In any case -- I would consider the Hybrid Madness sale, if buying an Arturia software synth right now.

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines