March 28, 2024, 12:47:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Has anyone out there actualy receieved their Minibrute yet?  (Read 70682 times)

jakegetup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Has anyone out there actualy receieved their Minibrute yet?
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 02:39:33 am »
How about the UK? any news?

MOKNOW

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2012, 12:16:08 pm »
 ;) HURRY UP AND WAIT...should be the message in the next commercial!!

BAD BAD GAME!!!  :-X

The01Habiitat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2012, 05:23:51 am »
Arturia has delayed their product in order to create so much of a stir that i hear the most random people freaking out about how awesome it must be and they gotta get their hands on one. Almost like an Apple product...

Thanks to Filip for tricking "Denis, in charge of international sales at Arturia" into replying with a confirmation that "So far not a single Minibrute unit has been sold to an end user." so much for release date credibility.
Im not sure if Filip realized what he was doing when he did it, but he still managed awesome results.

Well Played guys...Now where the F*** is our S***?!

zedius

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2012, 05:55:49 am »
It’s a bummer that so many of the people on this forum are just enormous whiners.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 02:57:28 pm by zedius »

Steve Morley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2012, 03:34:52 pm »
Well it is all becoming a little bit of a joke reallly....

For me it is clear; Arturia software is cool, customer service basically non existant.
PR is great, creating hype even better - but planning, communication and delivery of promises absolutely zero.

I just hope that the product lives up to the hype otherwise Arturia has lost a lot of their reputation and certainly a customer in me for the future.

zedius

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2012, 04:18:29 pm »
Honestly, I don't see it that way at all. I don't think Arturia 'created hype' and I don't think they appear particularly good at creating hype for hype's sake. The minibrute created its own hype. magazines and online reviewers created hype because they genuinely like the instrument. The pre-sales sold far beyond Arturia's already high expectations because people see that this is a steal for $400-$500 depending on your retailer, given the glowing reviews from folks who have seen it and played with it in the flesh.

Arturia PR has been quite forthcoming with the information they have, going so far as to come onto this forum with answers to specific questions. The problem is they don't have all the answers; they had to change their factory to meet demand. This comes with a huge amount of uncertainty. There may be parts shortages, quality issues, manufacturing defects, customs delays across multiple borders... there is a lot to go wrong! So I'm glad Arturia has their hands full ensuring quality is maintained and that they are not making promises to us or trying to give us hourly updates. It will be better in the long run.

This is the risk of buying items on pre-sale. I got on the pre-sale because this is exactly what I want. I'm a bit bummed about the delays, but it's worth it to me. There is nothing else in this price range that compares, and I am poor as hell :p So I'm fine to forget about it for a couple of months. Then one day a package will come to my door, and it will be a bitching analog synthesizer, and it won't be DOA, and I will have a lot of fun with it.

If you need this thing tomorrow, then jump ship! Arturia has already informed you of the delays and the reasons for the delays. I'm confident they will update us all as they get solid information. They gave us a date of April based on previous estimates, and then they pushed it back to May so they could meet demand.  They came clean that they are having some troubles (which is to be expected really) but they did get some gear out on May 30th, which is now in customs. So I'm sure we won't be hearing too many dates from them until their process is running steadily, but I'm still glad they are communicating.

jimtheswede

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2012, 04:55:37 pm »
Totally agree with the above from zedius!  :)  The number of preorders, producing a synth that is out their traditional line, etc., factory delays, all are a part of the delays.  i can wait on my preorder, and hope they get it "right" from the start - as they have stated that this is a priority.

Steve Morley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2012, 10:55:12 pm »
In my humble opinion there is no excuse for poor estimates and misleading release dates. By any other manufacturer the release date given means the date the item is available to buy in the shop - as in they have it then in stock.
That is very different from the date they ship the items out of the factory.

Once you announce a product that has a good review/reception on a trade show you normally sit down and work out a realistic release date based on solid facts. Anything else is a guess and in business you can't work on a guess.
The information given at the moment is still vague, no one mentioned what numbers they are talking about or if there are territories who are not getting a first shipment.

The price of the product is irrelevant in this picture. Whatever the case, any manufacturer is lucky when they get high volume pre orders and should treasure the trust given to them by those buyers. These buyers can make or brake the future success of the product and the reputation of the brand. Not to mention the importance of satisfied customers singing your praise leading to more sales.

In a nutshell, a great product is only half the battle

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2012, 02:10:19 am »
In my humble opinion there is no excuse for poor estimates and misleading release dates. By any other manufacturer the release date given means the date the item is available to buy in the shop - as in they have it then in stock.
That is very different from the date they ship the items out of the factory.

Once you announce a product that has a good review/reception on a trade show you normally sit down and work out a realistic release date based on solid facts. Anything else is a guess and in business you can't work on a guess.
...unless the "solid facts" change over time.

Good quality parts availability change over time. Setting up a new high quality production line is a very difficult thing to do, if one wants to keep the final announced price.

The "hype", honestly, was more a public/user thing than Arturia's.

Arturia did what they should, show off the synth to everyone that wanted to see it at the event, send some prototypes for review and basically tell to the world what an awesome little "baby" they had in their product line. The rest was "the internets" and word-of-mouth.

If we can point some "wrong doing" at Arturia was them not adding some extra room for the official release, but like I said, that's also kinda of a commercial gamble and always a tough decision to make. They must've opted to give their best guess with what they knew at the time... which changed, unexpected issues happened (they always do) and only pushing the release date about 2 months, to me, is almost a miracle.

Also, there's the extra delay of the 1st time a new product goes through some customs (they should again, have added this to the announced release date, IMHO).

When they said "it's being manufactured right now, so late April we'll have them in the stores" I thought "hmmm... ok, maybe August then." ;)

I'm going to buy the MiniBrute through Arturia eShop, so, as you can imagine, I'm ready to wait a couple more months until all the production and logistics wheels are running at the right speed.

Better to wait for a good quality product than rushing it to the market with a lot of issues and bugs not easy to solve through a firmware patch (like other digital based products)

Having said that, I can only hope that the MiniBrute is worth the wait, manufacturing quality-wise, because sound-wise, I think I've got enough 2nd hand opinions and reviews from trusted parties.

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2012, 02:08:59 am »
The first batch of units from the factory is actually set to clear US customs in Seattle this week.
Long-time pre-ordered units should start showing up at some US dealers next week, so there will be a whole group of customers who will receive their pre-order during the last week of June.

As I had mentioned, the first batch did clear US customs last week, at the end of the week, and was delivered to our US warehouse on Tuesday June 26th.

All those units are already on their way to the dealers who had pre-ordered them first.
A second batch has already been shipped from the factory, still for those very early pre-orders.
Unfortunately, we are aware this is nowhere near enough quantity to fulfill all the current pre-orders, but it's a start!

jimtheswede

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2012, 06:11:33 am »
Thank you Sean for the update!  Please update as you are able.  There are many people who preordered or are interested in this synth.  More communication from Arturia would be great!

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2012, 09:58:07 am »
Thanks for the info update!

btw, out of curiosity, each of those boxes carry what, 3 or 4 Minibrutes, right?

It's hard to imagine that each individual Minibrute box will occupy that cubic space... or am I forgetting something?  :)

jakegetup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2012, 10:26:30 am »
Were still waiting for news here in the UK. Any update as to when we will get a shipment?
Thanks.

sourcedist

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2012, 01:46:04 pm »
Hi - We're the UK distributor! We do not have a specific ETA for our Minibrutes yet - but as you can see Arturia have now shipped the first units to the US.

We're told ours will come later, but due to the slower-than-anticipated production of units we can't specify just yet when that date will be. From playing with the pre-production demo unit, I can say it's most definitely worth hanging on for though - huge thanks to all patient UK guys who've preordered...we're looking forward to shipping your synths out when they get here.

Any questions about UK supply please feel free to drop us a line - http://sourcedistribution.co.uk/contactus.php

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2012, 05:27:37 pm »

btw, out of curiosity, each of those boxes carry what, 3 or 4 Minibrutes, right?

It's hard to imagine that each individual Minibrute box will occupy that cubic space... or am I forgetting something?  :)

5 MiniBrutes per carton

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines