March 28, 2024, 01:56:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark owners also get promotion?  (Read 1946 times)

antoni

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark owners also get promotion?
« on: June 05, 2012, 05:04:53 pm »
I see that there is a promotion that if you buy a hybrid instrument you get a free software instrument.

Does this apply to people who already purchased spark and have owned it for some time?

..... it should.....

Blue Monster 65

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark owners also get promotion?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:02:20 pm »
As someone who bought Spark literally days before the promotion and didn't get it (and I'm fine with it), I'm wondering why you feel we should get it?  I don't expect to get rebates on my car if I buy it and a deal comes up later, so why should I expect to get this?   I've heard the sentiment before, but no one has ever tried to explain why they feel that way - can you?

antoni

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 08:36:56 pm »
on one hand i agree with you, and an honest response of mine would be that "i just wanna have a free vst and tryin to pull various tricks" but on another, smaller hand, i feel as if the long-time spark owners seem slightly more loyal and bought the spark for what it is instead of some big deal rebate thing, and in some dimension of opinion out there, should get some token of appreciation for getting a spark without expecing any sort of "token"

but yeah, short answer is 'you got me'

peace

Blue Monster 65

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 03:20:28 am »
That's cool.  I was just wondering what your reason was!  I was kind of shocked when I saw the offer, actually.  My rep (who usually is really good on that stuff and has told me to hold off on things before) didn't say a word and was pretty apologetic about it.  I told him it was cool, as I was super pleased with my purchase already. 

But I wouldn't say no to some stickers!   ;D

OT: I'm kind of nonplussed that so many people are having problems with Spark, actually.  I have to say in the time I've had it, I haven't had any problems at all!  I feel bad for those that have, but also wonder how much of it is due to either under-powered computers, too much crap loaded onto their systems, or just user error.   I'm no super-computer guy (mine is an off-the-shelf MacBook Pro 13"), so I don't know the specifics, but it just seems odd to me.  I had the JP8V on an older HP laptop before this and never ran into any problems with it and Live until Live updated to their latest version, then I was underpowered and had to upgrade, hence the MBP.   Just one of those computer things, I think. 

Maybe I'm being a jerk?   I dunno! 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines