March 29, 2024, 02:20:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin arpeggiator question  (Read 6560 times)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: Origin arpeggiator question
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 09:20:39 am »

Also - while in "Latch" mode - when the sustain pedal is ON,  any new note played is added to the current arpeggio, which is the expected "Sustain" mode behaviour. It means that the action of the sustain pedal is not switched OFF - from the Arpeggio point of view - when the "Latch" mode is ON.

Would this "coexistence behaviour" be OK?

This sounds very reasonable. I hope we'll have latch in future....!!!! :) I have resently "re-found" Origin's arpeggiator because of my Radias. Those two sync/mix beautifully together. And Radias has one obvious advantage for live usage: you can sen a perc/click track to drummer from it's individual out and this perc track can mixed or leaved out from Radias main mix. Very important for timing. And Radias' arpeggiator/step sequencer is perfectly synced to its drumseq.

One another remark: IMO Radias sounds much better when I use it Origin's slot with some Origin modules (filters, compression etc). Origin seems go give Radias some punch which it is maybe normally lacking.

About new pre-release 1.4. Philippe please: give an idea of things (or bugs) which it tries to fix compared its precedessor...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:36:05 pm by JacksonP »

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: Origin arpeggiator question
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 11:00:20 pm »
Sorry, little off-topic but still about arpeggiators...

Resently I've been messing with Origin's and Radias' arpeggiators and modulation sequecers. I've taken MIDI time sync from Radias to Origin and basically this way it works fine. Still I find it difficult to make them play well synced together. For example, I put Radias arp/seq on and then hit Origin. Sometimes I can find the correct time point and more often not. Of course it's a lot about my timing but I'd like to know that are there any tricks to make it easier? Basically I am talking about live arp/seq playing without computers...  ???

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines