April 18, 2024, 04:33:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Virtual Software Promotion frustration.  (Read 5543 times)

GkeinSea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Virtual Software Promotion frustration.
« on: May 17, 2012, 12:16:12 am »
I just wondered if I was the only one in the world with this problem.
I purchased Analog Factory from AMS and registered the product on April 10th 2012.
May 1st, I get an email saying I can get two virtual instruments free if I register by May 1st.
Having only registered 20 days earlier, I contacted sales and asked to be considered in the promotion since I registered and purchased the product because I wanted the product.
No answer. I waited 5 days and wrote again. No answer. I finally contacted Tech support out of frustration. Really? I think I should be part of the promotion. And at least an answer either way would certainly be some way of saying I am appreciated as a consumer of Arturia products. Does anyone have a suggestion other than too bad, you should have waited 20 days? A little frustrated here. Am I the ONLY one who registered in April 2012?

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Virtual Software Promotion frustration.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 11:41:08 am »
I usually avoid saying anything on these threads  where people complain about missing free stuff by a couple of days, but since you sound like a normal person just trying to figure out if there's any exception to what's said in the promotion, here's my take on this issue.

IMHO, companies that use this type of marketing campaigns to stimulate sales should expect the backlash of those "unlucky" customers that finally decided to buy those same products just days or a couple of weeks prior to the announcement of the promotion.

Do those users have the right to complain about not having free stuff too because of buying earlier than the ones driven by the promotion ? Well, honestly? No, they don't have that right. You should buy the products when you need them and/or when you can, so if you bought it 2 weeks earlier, heck, that's maybe because you needed them 2 weeks earlier, no? If not, why didn't you wait until you needed them ? ...and so on...

But, what's also tru is that these promotions have this type of backlash even if there's really no right for complaints (hey, that's life!) the truth is that these newer and even long time users/customers may feel a bit hurt for paying more or a lot more than those that just a couple of weeks later, decided to go along and take advantage of the promotion.

What's the solution to this? Do existing users or prospect buyers prefer companies stop doing these promotions? Of course not.

I guess there's 2 solutions the complement each other:

1) Users know these promotions happen, so they can wait for them when deciding to buy the products, because in a year, there's always at least one of these happening.
Can't wait a year, 6 months, 3 months for something like to to happen? Heck, then you're paying for that "urgency" so you shouldn't complain about missing the promo for a couple weeks.

2) Companies (i.e. Arturia) should set a standard grace period for these promos as a way to deal with these recent customers (or loyal users that happened to buy another product recently) avoiding at least some of these awkward (though not totally correct) feeling in some users of being cheated because they were unlucky in their decision of buying products that fall in this promo just weeks before. That's the "reward" they got for buying earlier and not later.

So... like some truly cool companies I'm fortunate to be a customer, Arturia should set, say... 2 weeks, 1 month, 1 week? Some kind of calendar "buffer" that would grant the same conditions in the promo to those recent buyers. There's really no way this kind of gesture can be as damaging financially as the promo itself, IMHO and heck, this marketing gesture would get even more karma points instead of this constant backlash of disgruntled buyers complaining for their unlucky decision of buying some days earlier.

and... that's my 0.02€ on this :)

GkeinSea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 04:39:27 pm »
Your comments are well articulated and well received. I completely agree with your take on it frankly. What is the most frustrating though, is no response at all.

A buffer grace period of 30 days retroactive seems fair to me as you suggested. At the very least, an email from the company acknowledging my request and concern would have been the cool thing to do. We shall see.

Thank you for your input.

G

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 04:40:19 pm »
Gary, I cannot see your inquiries to Sales, but your message to Tech Support was only received this morning.
If you sent messages to Sales, you should indeed get a response one way or another from the Sales department. Tech Support cannot handle sales related requests.

Please be patient and Sales will respond to you in the order your inquiry was received (there are a lot more inquiries than usual since we started the Hybrid Madness Offer).

I understand where you're coming from, but please understand there has to be a hard date for the start of the promotion. If we said we gave a 2-week grace period, then someone will come saying they made there purchase 16 days before May 1st, so they missed the grace period by 1 day, and so on...

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 08:23:51 pm »
Maybe you should try to resell the product you've already purchased (i.e Ebay etc.) and buy it again. So you can get your two free soft-synths on top.

At least you can try it.....  ;)

GkeinSea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 10:42:56 pm »
Sean,

I do appreciate your response and getting back to me via this forum.
I completely understand there has to be firm rules in place for promotions.

As a music industry veteran of 19 years, I see the manufacturer's side and as a consumer who loves your product but missed the deadline, I felt the "unlucky" sting of the promotion. I'm not complaining. I am however, inquiring as any other consumer would do in my position. I will wait to hear from sales and will post the results of their decision. Either way, the product rocks.

GkeinSea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 06:41:52 pm »
As promised:

Hi Gary,

I am sorry for the delayed reply. Unfortunately you can not benefit from the promotion since you did not buy your instrument during the special offer period.

Cordially,

MAHMOUD

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 01:38:10 am »
... Unfortunately you can not benefit from the promotion since you did not buy your instrument during the special offer period. ...

This is the only answer that could be expected!
But hey, don't worry, be happy and go to www.beat.de/arturia to get a 60 day trial serial for all the Arturia soft-synths ;) (V-Collection 2, Laboratory & Oberheim SEM V)!!! This Promotion is still running even if it should normally end 2011...

Best regards,

Manuel

GkeinSea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 05:40:15 pm »
Hi Manuel,

I actually did get one more email after:

I'm waiting to see if they respond to my response first. Basically they did have a grace period only I did not see anywhere that they did. Now, I was only 5 freaking days out of the Grace Period. So whats worse? Not having anyone be allowed to retroactively be a part of the promotion or an arbitrary "grace Period" to make me feel even worse that instead of missing the window by 20 days, I missed it by five.

G

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 07:34:07 pm »
Hi Manuel,

I actually did get one more email after:

I'm waiting to see if they respond to my response first. Basically they did have a grace period only I did not see anywhere that they did. Now, I was only 5 freaking days out of the Grace Period. So whats worse? Not having anyone be allowed to retroactively be a part of the promotion or an arbitrary "grace Period" to make me feel even worse that instead of missing the window by 20 days, I missed it by five.

G
ah, so there's a grace period after all (I didn't know that) and still, you missed it for 5 days? awe man, that's tough :/

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 09:56:06 pm »
@GkeinSea :

Uhh, what a pity!

And now? Maybe they should enlarge the grace period up to one year, so I can have SPARK for free, because I already bought the V-Collection 2 with my AE 49 The Laboratory controller! Haha!!!  :D

What do you expect?

GkeinSea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 04:40:02 pm »
I was hoping for a 30 day grace period instead of 15. I was hoping for one virtual instrument instead of two. I thought that was reasonable. No worries. I have more productive things to do than worry any longer about this promotion. I still love my Analog Factory and now that I combined it with Maschine and Komplete 8, I have enough software to choke a horse.

Thanks for all the input. I'm done with this.

GkeinSea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 04:37:55 pm »
Just wanted to let everyone know that Arturia looked at my individual situation and stepped up with a very satisfying resolution.
Now I can add the customer support in addition to the Analog Factory to be stellar in value.

Thanks Arturia!

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 07:38:41 pm »
Just wanted to let everyone know that Arturia looked at my individual situation and stepped up with a very satisfying resolution.
Now I can add the customer support in addition to the Analog Factory to be stellar in value.

Thanks Arturia!

I would like to get the same treatment, but they still ignore my requests, or at least they don't answer them. I'm waiting till months, and all I get are stupid questions I've already answered more than once, instead of answers to my questions.

Thanks Arturia!

Adrien

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 04:22:44 pm »
Hi

I know we dont answer so much on the forum currently, and we are sorry about that.

I just wanted to notify you that we are improving the existing support system to answer you faster, For issues related to, promotional offer, not working coupons, payment troubles, invoices, orders, please directly contact sales-inquiry@arturia.com

This mail address will become the default one for this kind of issues in the future.

Best.
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines