Author Topic: 64 bit  (Read 5062 times)

woodrow886

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
64 bit
« on: May 12, 2012, 07:42:32 pm »
Hi there

Totally digging the sounds in the audio demos.   ;D

I'm thinking of getting the V Collection (2.0). Is this 64 bit native yet?

We run 3 systems each with Win 7 64 bit. We use Pro Tools most of the time and Sonar 64 bit now and then. Pro Tools is reported to become 64 bit later this year when v11 is released.

Thanks in advance.

Woody

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: 64 bit
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 03:14:18 pm »
Yeah, the latest updates on the V Collection synths brought 64bit to all of them so VST3 and 64bit is now supported by the V Collection Series.

I think/hope the next ones to get this "treatment" are the Analog series (Lab/Factory/Player). Let's give Arturia time to do their job properly on these ones too.

woodrow886

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 10:26:39 pm »
Brilliant

Thanks for that Koshdukai. Much appreciated.

I just messed around today with the Jupiter demo. It was fantastic. I loved it. However, it eventually crashed in Pro Tools 9 and required that I physically switch the PC off. Mind you, I was working through the presets pretty darn fast so I probably brought it upon myself. The crash was basically a CPU spike of 700+ %.

What I've just noticed though, is that this demo exe possibly pre-dates the updates? The exe file appears not to have been modified since Feb 2010 anyway.

Anyway, I'm comfortable enough to give it a go and will be getting the V Collection this week. I'm also considering Spark now. I'll have to be careful with this, it's like an addiction for me.   ;D

Will post back with my findings. Can't wait.

Woody 

woodrow886

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 10:33:04 pm »
Oh..can I ask. Regarding updates once I get V Collection V.2.

Do I just download the 2.5 update for each of the products? Or, do I download and install both 2.0.2 and 2.5 in that order?

I'm assuming I don't require the 2.0 update given that V Collection is V.2?

Thanks

Woody

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 02:14:12 pm »
I usually buy the products and simply download the latest version from Arturia's Updates page: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/updates.html

In case of the V Collection V.2 I think I didn't even used the discs, just the included license to register it.

A V.2 license gives you access to all the V.2.x.x updates, like the latest V.2.5.x :)

About the stability of Arturia synths and after reading a lot of complaints around here, I come to the conclusion that it's all about what setup you're using (Hardware+OS+DAW).

All the latest versions work without a glitch on my setup(s): WinXPsp3 32bit and a Win7 64bit laptops with Live 8.3 (yeah, still 32bit) or as Standalone (I like to play them a lot like one would play a standalone hardware synth)

Each time there's an update, I usually check the VST3 and 64bit versions of the synths in the V Collection using a 64bit micro-host that also deals with VST 2.4/3 just to be sure they also run fine on my hardware, which they do.

So... maybe some of the more problematic setups (Logic/ProTools?) may benefit in the future with some help of those users that, instead of complaining should try to find the conditions to reproduce those crashes and issues and report them properly to Arturia so they can reproduce them on their end and try to fix them.

Not an easy job to make a plug-in "speak" all the weird dialects of each host, that's for sure.

PS: btw, the Jupiter 8V was also the one that caught my attention to Arturia ;) But then, I started trying all the others and... ended up buying the V Collection. It's a no brainer really :D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:19:22 pm by Koshdukai »

woodrow886

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 08:05:24 pm »
Brilliant Koshdukai

Thanks for that. So I basically just need the v2.5 files alone to install the full products? Along with the licenses of course.

I'm thinking of getting Spark and getting vclassics via the Hybrid promo. I could sure use the eLicenser though for switching from system to system. The proposed link in the online store seems to lead to pages which do not have it.

Would this one work? Same company basically. Same online server I'm guessing?
http://www.andertons.co.uk/audio-editing-amp-mastering-software/pid14411/cid716/steinberg-key.asp

Woody
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:54:57 pm by woodrow886 »

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 02:14:30 am »
I think so... at least it looks like the one I got with the V-Collection box :)

If it says it's a eLicenser USB key, then that's the one :)

woodrow886

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 08:27:33 pm »
Thanks Koshdukai

I'm gonna take a punt on the Steinberg version as someone on Amazon reviewed it and said they used it for Arturia synth licenses with it working okay.

Cheers

Woody

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 10:41:08 am »
Good luck! :)

mettew45

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 08:50:00 pm »
What about Brass2 64 bit?

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 10:45:05 pm »
What about one setup for a version that is running under Win32 Bit on single-core processors and a second setup for the multi-core processors under Win64 Bit?

Would be great to see Arturia can come up with solutions! I'm still waiting for a working update for the V-Collection 2 I bought last year! These 2.5.1-Updates are absolutelly unusable on my PC! And all the synths that are already supporting 64 Bit, are unusable as plugins! A limit of three instances is not acceptable for this price!

Last but not least, they're causing software-crashes when loaded in an existing set with 32 Bit Plugins, like The Player or The Laboratory, already loaded!

Thanks Arturia! And thanks for your disastrous support!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines