April 16, 2024, 07:30:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No sound in standalone mode  (Read 3302 times)

Travst

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
No sound in standalone mode
« on: May 11, 2012, 03:53:40 pm »
I had no problems installing Laboratory in 64-bit Windows 7 and playing in standalone mode.  However, after using Laboratory as a VST in Reaper, I seem to have lost sound and functions in standalone mode.  I've checked to be sure that Lab is using my ASIO driver and all the settings look normal.  However, the keyboard (Arturia 49 key) doesn't seem to be connecting to the Laboratory software.  The software comes up, but does not respond to the keyboard at all.

Any thoughts?

Travst

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: No sound in standalone mode
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 08:47:04 pm »
In my original post, I should have noted that pressing on on-screen key does create a sound as normal.  Arturia tech support got back to me today and suggested that I use an ASIO driver.  Hm... I AM using a Saffire Pro 24 with its ASIO driver, and that driver is listed in the Laboratory setup as in use.  So, no help there.  Onward, through the fog!

Travst

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: No sound in standalone mode
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 02:48:28 pm »
There is a simple solution to this issue.  The "The Laboratory" box must be checked in the ASIO/MIDI setup in the MIDI options at the bottom of the page.  I'll answer my own question and leave it here in the event that someone else has this problem.   ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines