March 28, 2024, 04:06:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1.4 Pre-Release available for download  (Read 15580 times)

Philippe

1.4 Pre-Release available for download
« on: May 04, 2012, 09:28:14 pm »
Hello all Origin users,

A Pre-Release 1.4 firmware is available for download at the following link:

http://www.arturia.net/filesharing/www/?action=d&id=15945434468675757169853685009

We'd like to have your feedback on this version. About the reliability, and about the new features too. If you decide to install this pre-release and find bugs, please contact me.

Thanks and have fun.
Origin Lead  Developer

ASch

Re: 1.4 Pre-Release available for download
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:08:58 pm »
If I install this to test and I don't like it, can I easily roll back to 1.3, or will I be stuck with this until the stable version is ready?

Andreas

Philippe

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:28:03 pm »
You can go back to 1.3.50. But if you save a preset with the new 1.4.0 version it won't be loadable when you go back to 1.3.50. So you should backup first your current presets.
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 10:37:29 pm »
Is there any new presets that show the new  features like SEM modules?

Philippe

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:55:45 pm »
Not yet.
Origin Lead  Developer

bigbrass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 11:13:32 pm »
I have a version ready but it is insufficiently tested. What I plan is to call for volunteers to test this firmware release. I still need to proceed to some additional tests of the updater (Origin Connection) on different platforms and OS's versions. Should be online tomorrow friday May 4.

Thank you Philippe. You are the man of your word !
BTW, it is late in France now, and here you are still answering forum posts. I hope you are drinking something good... 8)

ASch

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 11:51:00 pm »
Thanks for clarifying the rollback option Philippe.  I've downloaded the update and will try and find time to install and test it next week.

BTW - are any of the 1.3 bug fixes that you mentioned earlier MIDI control related?

Andreas

Philippe

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 05:10:02 pm »
There's a known bug on the version which is available for download. It is a navigation bug in the MULTI page. The new "Multi Level" control is located on the left of the page as you can see in the screenshots in the release notes document contained in the archive. When navigating from a slice to this new control using the left arrow switch you will get stick on the first left slice (slot1). To Reach this new level control on the left you need to navigate using the right arrow until the 4th slice.
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 08:35:58 pm »
Something wrong here:

I tried to update my Origin but the process seems to freeze at the beginning. First it asks to reboot O and then to click OK. After powerswiching Origin goes to "Firmware Update" mode but after clicking OK nothing seems to happen in Origin Connection. It says "Progress: Current Step: Rebooting Origin 0%". At the bottom of Connection window, there's "No Origin Found"...

EDIT: I am trying it in Mac OS 10.6.8.

When it gets stucked in such early stage, does it make Origin unstable?

Any ideas how to proceed from this problem?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 08:53:03 pm by JacksonP »

Philippe

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 09:41:08 pm »
No, the Origin should be stable in that case.

If you haven't tried it already I suggest that you disconnect every MIDI sources - other than the USB port - that may be connected to Origin. Then switch and restart Origin. Wait until the OS has fully started. Then launch Origin Connection. Usually that does the trick when I encounter the same problem. Another possibility is to try the update from another computer, possibly running Windows.
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 08:59:41 am »
I did all tricks Philippe suggested, but still I could not update on mac. However then I tried it on PC and update went fine.

About version 1.4:

I had some problems with my old presets, they sounded different. I don't know exactly what else, but at least it affected to some FX parameters. And because I need all the time my presets, I could not go further with it. So now I am back with 1.3.5

Anyone else have tried it?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:09:35 am by JacksonP »

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 09:32:12 am »
Hello there

I installed it yesterday, on my lion mac, installation went fine.  I have big problems with my older patches, those created on 1.3.5 are ok, those created before seem to be loaded but i can see their name and the keyboard follow is disable so they sound mono and always the same note all across the keyboard until i modify the keyboard follow again.  Origin connection is quite unstable too.

I tried the new modules, they are amazing, the fx system seems to be great too, it's a great PRE-update til the problems will be solved.

Later

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 11:32:16 am »
One thing was sure: new OS messed up delay settings and I use it a lot in my presets. At the moment it would have asked too much work to fix all those presets. But more crucial thing: (at least) one multipreset had audiocrackles or dropouts and it seemed to have less polyphony than before. This was a final reason to go back to 1.3.5 and fast. Also, for some reason some presets clearly sounded different and I am not sure that it was only because of new FX system (which seems to mess up some preset FX settings). Most striking difference was with one organ preset, it sounded really different...?

bigbrass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 05:11:30 pm »
I installed the update from windows xp without any problems.
So far I've only played with the SEM Filter, and didn't pay attention to other stuff.
I love the sound of the new SEM filter !
I noticed that if you just want to Change the filter in the Rack or Patch view, the SEM filter doesn't show up in the menu. You have to remove the filter you want to change, and then add the SEM filter.
I need to do a more thorough check-up later.
I hope the new handling of FX doesn't affect the polyphony...

ASch

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 01:30:19 pm »
Installed the update on Windows 7 64-bit Pro.  No problems at all, very smooth.

I've not noticed any changes to preset sounds, everything seems ok on that score.

I've played with the Voice Processor module.  When I play the keyboard, the triggers advance the VP steps; when I use the arp, the triggers advance the VP steps; but when I use the sequencer, the triggers do not advance the VP steps :-(  More generally, why isn't there a trigger input on this module?  I was expecting to be able to trigger this from an LFO, from the sequencer, from anything :-(  Am I missing something here?  Not really very useful to me if it doesn't have a trigger input I'm afraid.

Andreas

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines