March 28, 2024, 10:04:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Does not RECEIVE Pattern or midi changes in Logic 9  (Read 3122 times)

macmusic78

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Does not RECEIVE Pattern or midi changes in Logic 9
« on: April 13, 2012, 06:48:52 pm »
ok - i managed to setup the iac driver go to the enviroment and cable it to th seq  out.
And yes i can record midi into logic. But laying it back:  - nothing changes - no patterns no IN preferences of spark "send midi from pads"  is on -  BUT Still shows "YES would use IAC Driver spark1 midi out but does not exist"

i also use analog factory if that is important as a master keyboard.

hope somebody can help - love spark so far .. if  it works with logic it will be great
thanks
ZEB , Berlin

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Does not RECEIVE Pattern or midi changes in Logic 9
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:18:19 am »
Can you send a screenshot of you IAC Driver window?
You have also to create an instrument in the environment window and connect Spark Private In to this instrument to prevent Logic record the message from this port.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

macmusic78

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 09:29:46 am »
yes certainly. i attach it

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:44:54 am »
Try renaming the driver "IAC Driver" instead of "IAC-Treiber"
Kevin
Soft Arturia

macmusic78

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 11:44:56 am »
ok thanks  it helped in the way that now the plugin recognices the driver (the plugin does not speak german yet? ;-)
But still i  can RECORD Midi pattern and control changes but playing back spark does not change/recognize any...
i attach my clicks and ports setup

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 01:06:35 pm »
Again you have to create an instrument in the environment window and connect Spark Private In to this instrument to prevent Logic record the message from this port.

You don't have to record MIDI directly from Spark Controller into Logic. All is handled by Spark Audio Unit and resent to Logic.

- Knob movement are recorded as parameter change (NO MIDI)
- Pattern change are recorded fro the IAC Driver. Before, you have to assign MIDI note to the pattern change before (Cmd+Click on the pattern button).
Kevin
Soft Arturia

macmusic78

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 06:39:58 pm »
WOW it worked. (never got that to run with ni maschine)

So now i can record pattern changes (important tip that u have to midi learn spark first) and play them back.
About midi FX: It does not seam possible to record exact FX Psd Fxīs like filter and strobe: Playing them back it sounds different.. hm ad elay in playback?
Also switching between the fx does not seam to be remebered - is that right?

Thanks  a millinon Kevin

macmusic78

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 06:01:11 pm »

You don't have to record MIDI directly from Spark Controller into Logic. All is handled by Spark Audio Unit and resent to Logic.
Hm, so what does that mean - i donīt have to press record on logic? So far i can record controler changes from the filter pad - but it does not remeber wich mode it was in - / record mode changes... also the pattern changes can be RECORDED - but wonīt change the pattern when playing back the midi  data... Trying NOT to record midi but automation does also not lead to succes with patttern changes...<

So logic receives the data from spark - but no pttern changes will be executed andxy pad action is limited to the selected mode

macmusic78

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 06:55:48 pm »
Adding to the above said:  maybe spark forgot the midi learn - and i canīt find the info about that any more.. waht was it - spar has to learn midi for the patterns first? How? Will it be remebered in other songs?

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 09:30:53 am »
Hi,
I looked at your screenshot,
first you have to connect Spark Private In to the instrument not Spark Public In.
The MIDI learn should be saved in a preferences file so this is the same for all presets.

If it does not remember the mode of the filter it is a bug. I will check it.
Concerning the pattern change record, this may be because you record the data from the controller (Spark Private In). The data should be sent from the software to the IAC driver then recorded into Logic from the IAC driver (see this video for more details).

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines