March 28, 2024, 05:11:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Crackling and Pops in Jupiter8 Audio 2.5  (Read 2812 times)

crabber338

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Crackling and Pops in Jupiter8 Audio 2.5
« on: April 04, 2012, 04:00:17 pm »
Hello all,

Since I upgraded to the newest version of Jupiter8V (2.5), any time I send Midi Controller signals to VST I hear crackles in the audio.

I also noticed that the VST seems much more sensitive to 'moving' and 'resizing', as these also generate pops. I'm running the instrument at 4ms as I always have.

My rig is as follows:

Windows XP (32bit)
Pentium i7 (Quad Core)
4 GB
Emu 1616m (ASIO set to 4ms)
Sonar 8.5

The crackles and pops do not happen in Mg Modular V, Arp2600V, ProphetV, or other plugins. They also happen regardless of CPU load.

Interestingly enough, if I moved the sliders using the mouse on the GUI.... The crackles do not happen. They only seem to happen when i use a Modulation Wheel to control Filter Cutoff or my Behringer BCR2000 to adjust pitch, Envelope Attack, Decay, etc values.

:-\

crabber338

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Crackling and Pops in Jupiter8 Audio 2.5
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:00:56 pm »
Found a solution to the crackling issue, in case anyone else is experiencing it:

Turn Video Hardware Acceleration down.

It's a pretty common fix for sound artifacts, but I haven't had a problem till now. Hope this helps someone else having the same problem.  :)

Travst

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Crackling and Pops in Jupiter8 Audio 2.5
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 02:46:35 pm »
Found a solution to the crackling issue, in case anyone else is experiencing it:

Turn Video Hardware Acceleration down.

It's a pretty common fix for sound artifacts, but I haven't had a problem till now. Hope this helps someone else having the same problem.  :)

I'm having the same problem with all of my Arturia products.  I'll give your solution a shot when I get home.  I haven't had to lower acceleration in many years and didn't think of that as a solution.  Thanks for posting!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines