March 29, 2024, 06:03:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: : why i can't sell my desktop  (Read 2432 times)

aye_carrrumba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
: why i can't sell my desktop
« on: April 01, 2012, 01:22:49 am »
had it on ebay 2 ties already. but after a few days i had to put a end to the auction both times. i thought of not having that joystick and sequencer around to play with and the uniqueness of this this thing, and i just had to keep it. all i can say is thanks arturia for making this thing, it may not be the best but i have connected with this thing and enjoy playing around with it just as it is. i also have a virus polar, and a voyager select mahagony in my collection, and this is right there with them. yeeee.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: : why i can't sell my desktop
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 08:39:19 pm »
What a Great setup! To me it sounds like best of three worlds (real analog, emulated analog and digital)...

Would you recommend Virus TI2 Polar to complement my Origin? I am mostly live-player and while I like Origin a lot I also find it limited to make really modern (or digital) sounds. IMO you cannot get Rihanna-type hypersaw strings from Origin for example which are very common in pop. "Total integration" is also something I would really like to have with Origin some day. What about Virus' effects, how would you compare them Origin's (especially reverb)? Do you use Polar for controlling Origin? This is something I've tried to check. Switching fast from Polar to Origin and also layering them seems to possible with Polar according to Access support. And finaly, have you managed to sync them together (Polar has tap tempo and Origin has not. Is it possible to send tempo from Polar to Origin and make their arpeggiators / step seqs play together?)?

Well, lot of questions here but any idea or tip about using those two (Origin + Polar) together is very welcomed here. Also, I'd like to hear comments about Virus TI2 (any model) from someone who can compare it to Origin...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 08:41:34 pm by JacksonP »

aye_carrrumba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:27:50 pm »
Gen. 4:21 And his brother’s name was Jubal: he was the father of all players on instruments of music. He was the first person to play the harp and the flute.

since i am not a musician i really cannot answer most of your questions. i only have the ti-1 not 2, but it can take off. i usually only use them alone to explorer unknown territory. that is all i need. but in comparison, nothing touches the Mg. and the origin i tried to abort 2 times, and i felt i was loosing something special. if i wanted musical sounds i would get a kronos, it sounds beautiful... i only use a handful of presets on each, but can explorer them all night.. .it is almost like a language speaking rather than music. no glory. still experimenting. the funny thing is i tried to hook them up, but they seem to be wanted to be played alone. so i let them be. each is unique.

aye_carrrumba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 06:08:41 pm »
i can answer some of your questions from personal experience. i have had the virus for 2 years, Mg for 1. the effects are better on the virus. but origins work well within origin. Mg has no effects or arp. i can run the Mg through virus effects very well, and the arp / tap tempo work great controlling the Mg. the origin arp / seq, i have not been able to connect to the Mg, it freezes it every time ???. and the audio in for effects works, but virus audio in is much better. total integration for softsynths on virus works great, it is my soundcard, and i have the v-collection/native instr/spectrasonis running through it. i have layered the Mg, and origin together going through a makie mixer, and they sound great, and layered the virus and Mg togethere and they sound equally great. i will put the virus and origin together since i have not done that yet, and see what happens.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines