April 23, 2024, 09:45:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Update 1.4 status  (Read 10083 times)

holografique

Re: Update 1.4 status
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 08:09:35 am »
The main features of this version are:
- enhanced preset management features in Origin Connection app (including the possibility to NOT override your own presets with the new ones while updating your machine)
- 2 new modules ported from the OBSem : the VoiceProcessor and the MultiMode Filter
- new waves added to the WaveTable oscillator
- management of the effects at the  multi level

great update, the SEM modules will definitely be a very welcome surprise. Thanks for the effort on this.

synthguy99

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 05:07:17 pm »
I have to reiterate something.  I've been plonking along on my workstations lately, and laying the groundwork for a music project, so I've been neglecting the Origin for a while.  Last night, I fired it up again, and...

Just noodling around on it, checking out the patches from Arturia and my own creations, I've forgotten just how good this little beige box sounds!  Lately, I've caught the modular bug and want to buy a huge system the size of a Mg Modular III.  And a poly analog, a Prophet 08 at least.  Well, just getting reacquainted with the Origin has soothed that hunger greatly.

And it baffles me why some people have grown tired of this synth in its current form.  This IS a modular synthesizer.  You MAKE INSTRUMENTS on it.  Virtually.  ;)  But it sounds fantastic, very analog.  And programmable, and polyphonic!  Something a real modular just doesn't do unless you have a small fortune to spend on a custom synth.  You can make patches of just about any vintage synth you want with the building blocks in it right now.  I'm looking forward to the SEM Filter of course, as it sounds different than the Origin Filter I'm currently using to recreate Oberheims, as well as Prophets and other synths.  So sure, I want more modules made for it in the future, especially the Prophet OSC and Filter, the SEM OSC, the CS-80 template, whatever they can fit into it.  I'm hoping it has plenty of room in the EPROM for more goodies in the future, because I want everything I can get.  Except maybe the organ model which is redundant for me.

But as it is now, this is one of the BEST synthesizers on the market.  Extremely flexible, fairly easy to program - yes, it would be great to have a computer editor.  But my vision isn't the greatest, and I can still plow through the various blocks and their parameters quite easily.  It's tedious, but tell me a modular that isn't.  And again, you don't have to scribble out patch notes or take pics of your front panel, and you can play big juicy CHORDS!  With effects even.  No other instrument will let me create not just modular Mgs, but ARPs, Rolands, even Yamahas.  And soon, Oberheims!

I don't get the whole flap over it lacking DAW integration.  Does a Mg synth have DAW integration, or a Jupiter or Andromeda?  A Prophet 5 or a Matrix-12?  Does any guitar or drumkit?

I love all my instruments, and hate the thought of selling anything, which I might have to do to get a few choice synths this year.  But one thing I'll never sell is the Origin.  Even if an Origin II gets released, this thing is just too useful, and an O II would have to do a LOT of things to make me think of getting rid of my Original.

To heck with this typing stuff, I want to make some noise.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:10:59 pm by synthguy99 »
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

BobTheDog

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 05:22:24 pm »
Nicely put.

goldenanalog

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 05:47:54 pm »
The Origin is Arturia's Crown Jewel. It is without a doubt one of the best synths in production. The only actual problem with the Origin has nothing to do with the Origin itself; it's the competition and expectations that arise from products in the same playing field; ie, the Virus TI. I personally think that both are brilliant; just different approaches; and thus there's room for both.

I expect that development of the Origin will be done in fits and starts; which is of no concern. Who knows? New things may still be coming down the pike for the Origin 10 years from now.

It's a Crown Jewel; and I'm comfident that Arturia will treat it as such.

BTW:I own 2 Origins; so my money is where my mouth is.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:52:53 pm by goldenanalog »

IAA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 08:40:26 pm »
Hi Arturia,

Any update on 1.4  Beta?

Cheers

Ian

bigbrass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 04:30:44 pm »
It'd be nice to report on patient's condition once in a while...  Is SHE ready to come home, or still in a COMA ? !!! I don't know whether to start planning for a welcome home party or make arrangments with the undertaker... :'(

leo

Philippe

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 09:40:58 am »
The internal tests have brought a bunch of bugs that need a couple of week to fix. We also have some reliability problems with the new version of Origin Connection, so we may decide to publish a release without the enhancements that were planned for this application. The enhanced version of Origin Connection could be delivered later.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:53:00 am by Philippe »
Origin Lead  Developer

IAA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 10:12:50 am »
Arturia,

For my money separate the updates, I'd be more than happy with the origin update prioritised, the connection later.

Ian

bigbrass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 03:37:45 pm »

Come on Arturia, have mercy... :(

Philippe

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2012, 05:10:40 pm »
We have started a second run of internal tests. These tests showed some more bugs which are currently being fixed. However the bug list is getting really short now, but some of them are not minor at all and we do need to fix them, and then to run another bunch of tests before releasing anything. A couple of week or so maybe....
Origin Lead  Developer

ymia

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 10:59:56 am »
So nice.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines