March 28, 2024, 05:23:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sync midi with Traktor S4  (Read 4553 times)

birdnestman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
sync midi with Traktor S4
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:33:57 pm »
Hello

i'd like to use the spark standalone software in combination with traktor s4 for a jamsession on the same macbook. i've successfully routed the audio output with the live input of traktor 2 software (i used jack osx). i configured traktor like i always do in other sessions with other devices as the master midi clock.

so, now even when i play a track in traktor and i push the play button on my spark controller, it plays only the first step an stops then. i can press the drumpads, that works. but i want to play my patterns, synchronized to the traktor midi clock...

there is a button in the "Audio & Midi Settings" window called "clock follows stop/continue". when i click on it -  nothing happend.

i dont like to use spark as a plugin in logic or another daw. too complicated for just play some patterns... andif i read the changelog of version 1.4 - it should be possible...

What can i do?

thanks for helping...

cheers, simon

Emilie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: sync midi with Traktor S4
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:09:10 am »
Hi Simon,

Did you select the 'Midi clock in input' in the audio & midi settings of Spark?
You should select the traktor midi clock channel.

If 'clock follows stop/continue' is on, Spark should start/stop whenever you start/stop Traktor, and stay synced while playing.
If 'clock follows stop/continue' is off, Spark won't start or stop when Traktor starts/stops,
but will stay in synced, if Traktor is playing and you play start manually in Spark.

Let us know,
Best,
Emilie

birdnestman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 09:22:52 pm »
Hi Emilie

It doesn't work... The Step Sequencer stops always after the first step... if i deacitvate the midi in ports then he runs, but not synchronized.

The Situation:
On my Macbook Pro 64bit runs Arturia Spark 1.4 Standalone Software and Traktor 2.1.2
I connected the Midi out of the Traktor S4 controller with the Midi In of the Spark 1.1.2.2 Controller. I linked the audio Output of Spark with Traktor Live Input, used Jack OSX (but i think it doesn't matter)

So i configured spark with the following settings:

in Traktor i activated the send-midi-clock function...

The Result:
Even if i play a track on traktor, and i will push the play button ond the spark controller, the step sequencer will always stop after the first step... i can play all the drumpads manually, but thats not the idea of a step sequencer...

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:23:24 am »
Hi,
can you check that the clock is correctly forwarded by Spark controller.
You can use MIDI Monitor for this.
We don't have any S4 here but we have a S2. It does not have any MIDI port but we can do some test with IAC driver (hopefully).

Tell me what says MIDI monitor, I will do some test on my side.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

birdnestman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 04:39:34 pm »
Hey Kevin

I found the mistake with the Monitor-Software... I made a mistakte in the Traktor setting...

extremly embarrassing... :-\

Thank you for your help!

cheers

simon

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 04:42:59 pm »
Hi,
no problem.
Actually by looking into your case we find some (minor) bugs so this was not wasting time ;).

Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

miro.batek@seznam.cz

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 09:52:55 pm »
Hello birdnestman,

I face the similar problem. And I am not able now to find the solution. Can you please, say, what problem in Traktor setting did you discover?

Thanks

birdnestman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 05:25:33 pm »
Hello

This topic is years old, i don't remember. I also don't own spark anymore...

regards

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines