March 28, 2024, 12:04:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Any good?  (Read 7980 times)

Muso

Any good?
« on: August 11, 2003, 06:27:34 pm »
I've just upgraded to Reason 2.5 and I was wondering if the quality of sound in Storm is any good? I've heard a few demos and they sound no where near as pro has Reason.

forager

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://nstdvd.com
Any good?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 11:43:11 am »
Well I'm here, so I'm gonna do this gig as well.

Look all the software packages offering software studios like storm 2,
reason, orion, fruity loops, basically can output pro-quality music.

It is true that some programs like fruity loops are now offering 32bit 96khz sample rates etc, whereas storm 2 is still 16bit 44.1khz...Ok, so
what, 44.1khz is good enough for now, Ain't it?

People make demos, they use stupid canned beats, templates, composition wizards you name it, well, then it's gonna sound like crap, end of story.
If you give the same folks a different bunch of tech to play with, they will make the same dumb boring stuff. You give a decent musician a copy of storm 2, and they can make music which really owns, that's because they are musicians, they have the ability to create there own sonic state, and they have the ability to use tools to there own advantage.

I would say that one of the best aspects of storm 2 is the rack mounted samplers. They are very easy to use/access/manipulate, and as the name suggests, a sampler can hold samples of whatever you want.
Another great aspect is the awesome and simple sequencer implementation, just fantastic, brilliant. Whoever designed storm 2
was musician friendly and I salute them.

Software like storm 2 and of course other packages, give power to the user. It's up to the user to make good use of the tools, so,
when you say, the demos you've heard are bad, blame the creators of the demos, don't write off the software.

Better still, you could download the demo and try it for yourself.

Oh well, I'm gonna go away now back into the iron walls.

KPz

I couldn't understand Reason as well as Storm
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 07:31:50 am »
Storm's more user friendly to me, but hey, each to their own.

KPz  :!:

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines