March 28, 2024, 09:43:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Laboratory Demo VSTi won't load in Reaper on Windows 7 64 bit.  (Read 3854 times)

Zip oLeighter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
When inserting the plugin the Reaper plugin host program hangs and nothing loads.  It is working fine as a standalone.  So far I have installed twice, the first time specifying the VST folder in the Program Files folder, and then in the Program Filesx86 folder.

Is anyone using Analog Laboratory with Reaper on a 64 Bit system?  On Win 7? (Either Demo or not...)

Has anyone ever seen a problem with loading the demo version as a VST after the Warning dialog about the number of startups left starts appearing?  (15 day evaluation should be 15 days, not 15 days or 15 starts, especially when that means adding a modal dialog that may be interrupting operation in some way! :'( ???)

UPDATE: After revalidating my license time period it stilll fails with 20 out of 20 restarts available....so that's not whats up here.  Also tried the old 1.1.1 version, that fails in the same way.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 07:50:12 am by Zip oLeighter »

Zip oLeighter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Laboratory Demo VSTi won't load in Reaper on Windows 7 64 bit.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 11:14:53 pm »
This is getting really annoying, I thought that I had found a VSTi compatibility setting that would fix it because it actually did load. I started with a fresh empty project, but it still crashed while I tried various compatibility settings.  On the third try, it LOADED SUCCESSFULLY!  I used it quite happily for over an hour, auditioning sounds and editing them, recorded a few bars and played them back.  I saved the project at this point, and tried to add another instance on a second track.  CRASH.
So I reload my saved project, and it crashes again (with only the single original track.)  I check to see if my settings for VSTi compatibiulity got lost, but they are the same.  I tried removing and adding it again, starting from an empty project again, loading without launching the User Interface, still no good. I had it load successfully ONE additional time, and I have no idea why.   I burned through another 20 Startups, and it tells me that I can't run because my license needs to be revalidated, >:( I go through some very odd dialogs that fail to revalidate with various errors, and then when I cancel it crashes AGAIN, so whatever is going wrong is happening without the plugin even completing the init process.
Got the error sig shown below.  I tried loading the very latest version of Reaper, no good either.  I'm now off to revalidate AGAIN with the normal licenseing app... ??? :(
I read a review where someone was able to use this on a Win7 64 in reaper with 6 instances.  I have absolutely no problems with a ton of other plugins, when the one instance was running I showed 1-3%CPU.  
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   reaper_host32.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4f2171c7
  Fault Module Name:   AnalogLaboratory.dll
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4e380c28
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   001d65a4
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:21:28 pm by Zip oLeighter »

Zip oLeighter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Laboratory Demo VSTi won't load in Reaper on Windows 7 64 bit.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:00:14 pm »
I found that I can run the 32 bit edition of Reaper on my Win7 x64 system,  Analog Factory works in this environment. So basically the problem is in the Reaper 64 bit edition's bridging of 32 bit VSTis.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines