April 20, 2024, 05:10:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniMg no MIDI Out?! Encoder not usable?  (Read 2181 times)

ChrisiPad

MiniMg no MIDI Out?! Encoder not usable?
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:36:34 pm »
Hey,

I'm new on this forum and on MiniMg V too.

The first thing:
It seems, that the MiniMgV has no option for a MIDI out. So it is NOT possible, to use a midi controller bidirectional. I only can send MIDI events from a controller to the synth, but not backwards. Is this right?

The second thing:
I tried to assign a encoder (TouchOSC, Lemur and also hardware BCF2000) to a knob in MiniMgV. It works with absolute values. But that's to risky, because when I change the preset and move the encoder, the values are jumping. I tried it with relative values, but than the knob in MiniMg jumps just from 0 to 127 and back, nothing between. How come?

Any solutions for that?!

Thanks,
Chris

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: MiniMg no MIDI Out?! Encoder not usable?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 03:03:01 pm »
All Arturia vintage synths (that I'm aware of, incl. latest versions):
  • don't support CC feedback. (Only Spark and the Analog series do that with their respective Arturia controllers)
  • only work with absolute CC values (AP, AF and AL Analog series do support Relative CC)
  • don't support controller 00/7F momentary buttons to toggle or increment synths buttons, toggles or switches.  Having said that, if your controller supports itself dual-state toggle of its buttons (press one sends 7F, press again sends 00), then that's usable only on the synths dual-state toggles, of course)

The latest vintage series versions improved the usability of the MIDI learn and support for multi configs, but... as you can see, there's still a lot to be improved in this area.

Let's hope future versions will address this :)

ChrisiPad

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 05:16:16 pm »
Thats bad..... :(

sin night

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:40:18 pm »
Midi out for feedback would be very useful; I would also like to have all the parameters exposed to host for automation, so I can control them with automap.

Right now I have a nocturn which can control (and receive feedback) only for certain parameters (for example the cutoff) but I can't control important things like the oscillators; I have also a bcr200 which can control them though midi but it doesn't receive feedback so I must set manually all the knobs and buttons, which slows down the workflow.

In my opinion, parameters feedback through midi and host automation would improve a lot the usability.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines