April 20, 2024, 05:40:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bye Bye Origin and arturia.  (Read 3182 times)

tz

Bye Bye Origin and arturia.
« on: January 22, 2012, 05:15:45 pm »
I sold my origin, it's been a hard bargain to get rid of it because some people came with reports of a new origin coming at namm (which i replied that this would be the death of arturia and that they can not afford this) and that i had to lower my price. Also because reports were coming in that you could buy a new origin for 1700€ !!!

Reason of selling i've had it with arturia !
I have emailed them regarding origin , never received a reply.
This update debacle is such a kick in the nuts , everytime.

I also find it unrespectful that the discount for the SEM was limited in time while owning all their VA plugins and an origin !

I will not buy anything again from arturia.
Let me say this again i owned the full VA box and origin and i receive nothing from their promises.

Let's hope your new 500€ toy gives you the cash flow your company needs.
Bad service , might i say typical french. I've had it !

goodbye !

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: Bye Bye Origin and arturia.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 09:37:22 pm »
I won't sell my Origin but I certainly hope that Arturia does not forget us. Also, I hope that Arturia takes seriously this kind post like tz's.

What says a lot is this sad promise of new 1.5 update at Q32011 ("milestones" document at Origin web page). If they does not even update this web information, it indicates to me that very little, if anything, is happening with Origin. To me it's amazing because we have paid over 2000euros for Arturia (many of us have lot of their other products). So we are potential customers for their new products. But if we feel that Arturia does not respect us, why would we buy SEM or MiniBrute?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:39:39 pm by JacksonP »

Philippe

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 10:54:00 pm »
Well, that milestone should have been updated or removed. I don't know why it hasn't.

Regarding Origin, I've restarted the work on the update since the end of december 2011. I hope I can give more details on the content and a target release date of this update in a couple of week.
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 08:37:30 am »
I am glad to hear that I was wrong: something is happening with Origin.

kadolodai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The Caramel Incident
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 12:01:58 pm »
Hi,
Origin I used my last night on stage....  something happen with Origin !
This machine is cool !
I am worried by the release of a new machine, and I hope that future updates remain compatible with mine anyway...

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:28:27 am »
Actrually, I'm happy about the release of a new machine. The Minibrute does not require any updates, and it looks like it will sell like hot cakes with little effort to ensure that that Arturia has funding enough to continue Origin development among other things.

DJ
--

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines