April 20, 2024, 04:00:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Laboratory Demo  (Read 3233 times)

billshideler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Laboratory Demo
« on: January 21, 2012, 04:02:51 pm »
Hi

Yesterday, I downloaded the demo for Arturia Analog Laboratory.  I am getting a warning about the number of "Application Starts" remaining.  Here is a screen capture of the DBX

The demo is supposed to be a time limited demo....15 days.

I purchased the Laboratory 49 yesterday from Hello Music, but I don't expect to have it in my hands until the end of next week at the earliest!

I hope someone here can help me get this issue resolved.  I really need to be able to work through the software until my hardware arrives.

TIA  :)

Bill  ;D

Zip oLeighter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Laboratory Demo
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 07:06:54 pm »
Bill, I am in the exact same boat (Hello Music and all), but I am hoping that this statement in the eLicenser readme popup holds the key:

- Licenses, which are not usable anymore, because they allow for limited usage periods only, <IM HOPING THIS ACTUALLY MEANS "number of starts"> can be re-activated by validating their license usage periods. To validate license usage periods for all unusable licenses, please click the <Validate License Usage Periods> button.
An Internet connection will be required to complete the process. Please follow the onscreen instructions.

To Arturia -THIS "DUAL LIMITATION" IS NOT GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS POLICY. 15 days should be 15 days, or 15 starts should be 15 starts, but don't apply BOTH, especially when you don't mention the 15 start limit anywhere that I've seen except the dialog box above.  Copy Protection is enough of a headache without layering on restrictions.

I burned through most of my starts trying to troubleshoot a problem with the VST version crashing when I try to insert it in Reaper.  HERES and idea ... if you're going to count starts, why not wait until the program has successfully STARTED?  I am even wondering if the warning dialog is interfering with the plugin loading.  JUST SAY NO TO STARTCOUNTING.

If it turns out I'm wrong about the reactivation of the license, I'm probably just going to cancel my order...

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 03:04:55 pm »
If still during the time period, this starts-limitation can be reset by a simple process:
 eLicenser Control Center > Actions > Validate License Usage Periods
ex-Arturian

Zip oLeighter

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 05:28:35 pm »
Thank you for confirming this, I still haven't had a chance to try it.  This gives me more confidence to go ahead and keep retrying to open as a VST!  I really hope I can figure out what is wrong before I have to cancel my order, Analog Factory is great but I have to use it in Reaper!  Thank you again. :)

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 04:39:44 pm »
Here is somthing you should really love me for!  ;D
Arturia Extende Demo (60 days for free!)

ACHTUNG: Die Aktion endet am 31.12.2011 <- This is not true, it's still working!

The serial is working for the whole V-Collection 2, The Laboratory and the brand new Oberheim SEM V! You need to download and install the latest Updates.
Go and support Beat Magazine and buy the PDF-version of the mag!

Don't forget to applaud for me if these tips were helpful for you!   ;)

Best regards

Manuel

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines