April 26, 2024, 11:31:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Experience THE FACTORY: Keyboard controller technical questions  (Read 2408 times)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Hi :)

I have a couple of technical questions related with the hardware controller, which, some I may already know the answer but I'll ask them anyway just to be sure:

1) Is the Analog Experience THE FACTORY hardware keyboard controller firmware upgradable ? (I see that the MiniBrute is firmware upgradable, so one can only hope that THE FACTORY is also  ::))

2) Is there an undocumented SysEx sequence that can turn on CC/SysEx sending for the Shift button/switch ?
Currently and very unfortunately, Shift doesn't send anything, being hardwired to the internal flipping of the 8 button CC values and Volume/Search encoder.

Turning the Shift button into just another regular CC sending button accepting the LED status SysEx just like the rest of the buttons would be perfect!
I guess now you understand question 1 so if there's a flashable firmware, could a future upgrade fix this or add this additional feature, please?

Along the same lines, it would be great to get CC/SysEx sending out of the Volume/Search encoder's Click (press down) while Shift is off. Currently it only sends CC when Shift is ON.

Basically, a simpler mode just like Spark's hardware controller default standard mode would be great, where every existing control is available, sending CC (or SysEx, to me it's also fine) and accepting feedback (LED state) accordingly, letting the computer-side software do all the "hard work".

I'm hoping there's additional unused SysEx sequences, like the global param. set sequence that is omitted in the FACTORY manual but fortunately it's referenced in the PLAYER manual.
Oh and btw, there's a typo in the 2 manuals, in the Octave shift set sequence, it should be F000206B02 0403 ss F7

Also, there are some missing SysEx settings that should be sent/set by the Factory MIDI Control Center, like the global param set, for instance, but I'm sure these will be dealt with on a future update of the MIDI Control Center :)

ok, well, as I said, I'm affraid every answer to these questions are "No, not possible" but... I just had to ask.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:22:59 pm by Koshdukai »

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Analog Experience THE FACTORY: Keyboard controller technical questions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 02:20:27 pm »
On a related note, I wanted to ask/confirm this:

3) Are the "Experience" keyboard's Velocity and Aftertouch curves exactly like those shown in the MiniBrute soft setup tool app?

I'm asking because there's documentation describing the SysEx sequence to set those up but I can't find the description of each curve (value) type available.

These icons in the MiniBrute app at least allow a rough idea of what the curves are.

Checking the Analog Laboratory PDF manual, I see this info:
Curve Used to set the global curves, the following settings are available:
· Velocity: the Velocity curve, from 0 to 10
· Aftertch: the Aftertouch curve, from 0 to 10

So...
4) How many curve types are there for THE FACTORY ?

(and for completeness, even though I don't own that one, this might be useful too to others):

5) How many Vel.curves are there for THE PLAYER ?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:31:55 pm by Koshdukai »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines