March 29, 2024, 06:19:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 64 bit Edition?  (Read 2850 times)

kevin_12345

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
64 bit Edition?
« on: January 11, 2012, 04:09:01 am »
I have a Lab 61 on order, and noticed they were releasing 64 bit versions for the standalone modules.

Anyone know if they are releasing a 64 bit version of LAB?

My current DAW (Studio One 2) only accepts 64 bit VSTs.

Thanks
Kevin

billshideler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: 64 bit Edition?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 04:11:25 pm »
Hi Kevin,

You do know that you can install both versions of S1v2 on your computer, right?

There are two installers in your PreSonus Account.....One for Win 7 32 bit and one for 64 bit.  You can install them side by side.

But, like you I would like to have a 64 bit version also.  I just ordered the Lab 49 yesterday from Hello Music.

;D

Bill aka Texas Willie

billshideler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 03:30:14 pm »
Come on answer the freaking question someone!  WHEN WILL THERE BE A 64 BIT EDITION!

In this day of multiple core processors and gigabytes of memory, it is ludicrous to not have a 64 bit edition of this software.

Here I sit with a computer that is designed to run 4 cores and can only use one or two with a 32 bit VST.

That's just stupid.....Get with the Program Arturia.

TW

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 09:39:38 pm »
You know they've been updating all the vintage synths to 64bit and VST3, don't you ?

One can only imagine/hope that the Analog series will get the same treatment... in due time, since these things take some time and resources to do and test.

And all these upgrade have been free to existing users so... I don't get what you're complaining about, really :-\

billshideler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 11:57:44 pm »
Well, what I am "complaining" about is the lack of a response to a legitimate inquiry.

I suppose it is my own fault for purchasing a product before learning more about it and "assuming" it would have 64 bit support and be a 21st Century product.

If Arturia is working on a 64 bit version, then I don't think my asking the question of WHEN it will be released is out of line.

I'm sorry, but I am used to manufacturers forums, that have employee participation and actually respond to users questions.....even the answer is "we are working on it, but don't have a firm date for release yet."  Or...."we have no plans to release a 64bit version".

But at least the question would be answered.

TW

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines