March 28, 2024, 10:33:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: STUCK NOTES  (Read 5759 times)

dmuckala

STUCK NOTES
« on: January 07, 2012, 05:49:06 pm »
Please fix this.  It's happening in Protools, logic, Vienna ensemble, and pretty much everything else i've tried.  The only fix is quitting the session and relaunching.  There's no reason this should have been released this way.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: STUCK NOTES
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 01:04:43 am »
Does it happen when you play your MIDI keyboard or when you send MIDI from the sequencer/DAW (or both) ?

What is/are your MIDI keyboards (brand/model) ?

I'm asking this because some brands/models send MIDI Note Off in different ways.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:24:22 pm by Koshdukai »

Adrien

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 12:11:03 pm »
Hi,

I'm currently working on that issue, and an update is comming soon.
I send you a mail to progress on that issue.

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

matt1314

• Beta-testers
    • Virtual Vintage Dreams
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:25:20 pm »
Having the exact same issue in Cubase 5 32-bit as well as in standalone mode. After I get an ASIO overload, some notes are hanging and the only way to release them is to press the "Mono" or "Poly" button in the upper right corner next to the CPU load bar.
matt1314

A.k.a. Virtual Vintage Dreams

djsnyper

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 10:37:01 pm »
 Am having the same issue in sonar x1. Only way to stop it is to hit poly/mono button.

JR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 01:01:11 pm »
Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem. In Pro Tools 9. Hanging notes. I'm 24bit 44.1 but have tried at various different settings.

The plugin sounds amazing but the stability seems completely all over the place.

I've been using (or trying to use) the Oberheim on various Pro Tools rigs in various studios for the past few days and I run into this difficulty. Also, the plugin seems to cause PT to crash on a regular basis, especially if there are more than one instances of it in a session.

Looking forward to the update that sorts this out as at the moment it is fairly unusable for me, especially in a 'professional' capacity.

Thanks!

tommym

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 07:22:31 am »
I thought I was having similar issues, but only on my Tower, not on my laptop, and I think (in my case at least) I figured it out: it was only occurring ("stuck notes") when I was loop-recording (in either Digital Performer or ProTools) with an SEM v sound which had the Arpeggiator and Hold switch ON. This set up some 3rd power midi loop. Any possibility that that's what is/was happening with you?

JR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 11:57:36 am »
Hi tommym,

I can get stuck notes on playback, record, loop, non-loop. I really can't pinpoint where or when it will happen. The only way for me to reset is to make the plugin inactive then active. I'm working mostly on an iMac with Pro Tools 9 but, as I said, in the past couple of weeks have tried it in various 'studio' situations - Mac Pro, Macbook Pro etc.

It is frustrating, but the only good thing to come out of it is... It crashed in a spectacular fashion in sequence mode and started throwing out the weirdest Radiophonic Workshop, music concrete-y, early electronic stuff out.

Nearly blew out the monitors, but I managed to pull the channel down just in time.

Of course, I haven't been able to replicate that, so good job i hit record when it happened.

Adrien

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 02:42:50 pm »
Hi,

We are shipping a beta 6 this week end. If some of you still have problems with stuck notes and if you are not in the beta test mailing, send me a message so I can send you this version and you can confirm the bugfixes.
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines