April 25, 2024, 10:22:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin Desktop-not triggering properly  (Read 2168 times)

engineerjoel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Origin Desktop-not triggering properly
« on: November 14, 2011, 06:41:48 pm »
The Origin mis-triggers very badly or does not trigger at all....meaning some voices would play while others never played.   The speed to which I played did not alter the mistriggering.  

Also, if you played the samed note several times in a row, all the voices would be used up and then no more voices would play.

I scrolled through several patches to see if this problem was patch-related, but the mistriggering was evident on any patch.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:01:14 pm by engineerjoel »

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
Re: Origin Desktop-not triggering properly
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 07:56:01 pm »
Hello,

this is absolutely not the normal behavior of Origin.

Please make sure the firmware is up-to-date in the Home / Setting / System 1 page (current version is 1.3.5).

What keyboard are you using to control the Origin Desktop? Is it sending any other data to the Origin?
Are you controlling the Origin through a computer via USB? If so, please make sure that you do not have a USB/MIDI loop.

Please contact Arturia US directly or through your Rep to find out why you are experiencing such issues.

Arturia US

engineerjoel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Origin Desktop-not triggering properly
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:39:30 pm »
@Sean... Thanks for the speedy reply.

I used 3 different keyboards to control the Origin:  Yamaha KX-88; Yamaha S80; and Roland D-50. 

Each keyboard's MIDI OUT was connected directly into the MIDI IN of the Origin (No use of the USB connection)  No external computer was involved; No additional pedals such Sustain or Volume were connected to the keyboards.   

Sorry, My bad...I was not aware that the Firmware and/or software rev's may have been out-dated.  I will take the time to fully-update the unit and report back.  

I really did like the unit...very easy to tweek sounds. The unit had solid feel about it.  All knobs felt really tight-and-smooth.  Very professional produced and intuitive unit....oh, and did I mention that it sounded awesome?  Can't wait to demo the Origin Keyboard version.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:00:45 pm by engineerjoel »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines