March 28, 2024, 11:02:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sustain  (Read 4036 times)

cpituskin

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
Sustain
« on: December 15, 2011, 08:21:12 pm »
Is there actualy no sustan control, or am I doing something wrong. I love the software sound fantastic. would be nice to have sustain though, and or llatch ability :)

Niccolo

• Administrator
  • Arturia developer
Re: Sustain
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 11:55:31 am »
Actually you're right, we have provided no way to use the sustain pedal. Maybe in a future update we can add a "hold" button on the interface, which can be toggled with the MIDI sustain pedal or with the mouse.
There is also a question with the arpeggiator which is related: the "hold" mode of the Arpeggiator is currently saved in the presets, while maybe it would have been more logical if the arpeggiator was only ON or OFF, and went into the hold mode when the sustain pedal (or the "hold" button") is down and the arpeggiator is ON.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 11:59:23 am »
Maybe in a future update we can add a "hold" button on the interface, which can be toggled with the MIDI sustain pedal or with the mouse.
Or add it as a "Sustain Pedal" source in the ModMatrix.

Making it available as a GUI button would allow MIDI (re)mapping though, which may prove a little more flexible, I guess.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 12:04:34 pm »
Or add it as a "Sustain Pedal" source in the ModMatrix.
Oh wait... that doesn't make any sense, now that I really think about it :D  ...don't know why, but I was thinking of MIDI Expression (Volume Pedal) when I wrote that instead of binary state Sustain Pedal. Sorry :)

cpituskin

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 02:09:22 pm »
Even a simple latch button similar to omnisheres latest update. You can have an arpeggiator latch on beat and unlatch with whatever keyboard note your playing. Sustain would be nice with some of the pad settings, but I will also use sustain pedal to hold arpeggiatrs while playing lead lines, using Mainstage.

Cochrane

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 07:13:44 pm »
Actually you're right, we have provided no way to use the sustain pedal. Maybe in a future update we can add a "hold" button on the interface, which can be toggled with the MIDI sustain pedal or with the mouse.

Having the sustain pedal implemented like a toggable hold would be awesome!

I feel the lack of sustain more on the lush pads you can do on SEM V, but also for playing brass and long sustained sounds.

For me the sustain is mandatory and I hope that it would be implemented in an update.

Many thanks indeed for this really inspiring synthesizer,
Cochrane

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines