March 28, 2024, 02:18:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Template  (Read 5294 times)

ifurybeat

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
Midi Template
« on: December 13, 2011, 03:16:33 am »
Hello again!

I tried today to understand how midi template works with spark.

Here's my case:

I use ezdrummer plugins in a session and i want to reassign my spark pads to other note scale who match ezdrummer one.

So i opened the Spark midi control center and enter spark hardware in midi controller mode. I reassigned all my pads note scale to match ezdrummer one and send the settings to spark controller. I also saved my template on my computer.

Now, i opened cubase and open an instance of spark set to custom in the preferences of choose midi drum map model for pads but nothing works.

Am i miss something? Does we have to set spark controller in midi controller mode in the session? My spark preferences are ok? Do i need to import my template and how can i do it?

In the manual, it's clearly specified that i can modified all the pads to trigger what i want. It's exactly what i want to do but i cannot figure exactly how.

Somebody can put a clear tutorial of this for everyone?

Thank you and waiting from your news!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:26:28 pm by ifurybeat »

moogtube

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Midi Template
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 07:33:18 am »
Sorry mate but I've got exactly the same problem, not been able to solve it either?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 09:35:17 am »
Hi,

Does we have to set spark controller in midi controller mode in the session?

Exactly. You even don't have to launch Spark software at all if you don't need it.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 06:12:09 pm »
To add to Kevin's reply, if you want to modify the MIDI messages sent by the Spark controller in Controller Mode, you need to use the included Spark MIDI Control Center software that was installed at the same time as the Spark software (in the Arturia/Spark Applications or Programs folder).

The operation of Spark MIDI Control Center is described from page 89 to 98 of the Spark 1.4.1 English manual available here:
http://www.arturia.net/downloads/sparkvdm/manual/SPARK_Manual_1_4_1_EN_includes_VDM

Please note that you should not run the Spark MIDI Control Center at the same time as the Spark software itself.

ifurybeat

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 03:12:24 pm »
Ok thank you for your answer ! I will try theses solutions.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 03:31:54 pm »
hi i use spark to control fxpansions geist in cubase 6 and it seems to work ok for me.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

HUROLURA

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 01:46:08 pm »
After setting up the MIDI assignment template is it possible to save it and use the Spark conrtoller as a standalone MIDI device to control external hardware without any host connected ?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 02:11:03 pm by HUROLURA »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 08:58:02 am »
Yep,
this is even possible without any computer (if you have the required power supply).

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

HUROLURA

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 09:06:46 am »
Great, then I could use it with a PC in my "studio" and have a "road" solution with waldorf Rack attack or Soundart Chamelon Fahrenheit soundskin when being away from a powerfull computer.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines