March 19, 2024, 03:21:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 49key universal keyboard controller problem(?) with ableton 8  (Read 3828 times)

leonidas

Hello !
Just purchased Analog Laboratory with the 49key universal keyboard controller. Standalone version works fine and the controller works perfect.
But when i try to use it as a AU or VST on Ableton 8 the category and preset knobs are not working ,i cant choose nothing except from the two first presets on sound or scene search.
Apart from this everything else on the controller works fine.Any help please? thank You!

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Re: 49key universal keyboard controller problem(?) with ableton 8
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 11:54:01 pm »
Hi leonidas,

This is a known bug, or more a translation issue between the host and the hosted plugin.

You can find a workaround for The Category -/ Preset Knobs here.

This is how I do it right now, but here is a quote from another user (trappar) experiencing the same issue with the Laboratory 61:

The category/preset bug in Live is actually known by Arturia (their tech support commented on the fact that Live aggressively denies repeated MIDI commands, causing relative controls to not work), but these are all Arturia's issues, not mine.

For example, if Arturia wrote a MIDI remote script for the Laboratory 61 (in python using the Live Framework), they could have complete control over how those encoders work. It's not exceptionally difficult. In fact, if they don't fix it themselves and I'm unable to return this hardware I'll probably write it myself.

This is the same software, so maybe we'll get a better resolution one day. ;)

Best regards,

Manuel

BTW: Arturia announced me that they'll release a new version in july.

warbread

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:17:40 am »
After waiting for the update this July, I still have this problem with my Lab 49.  It works great in standalone mode, so I'm just grateful that I don't have a hardware issue.  However, trying Manuel's awesome suggested workaround (thanks for your efforts, Manuel!) didn't work, and actually made my sound/scene buttons not work for some reason.  I guess I'll just have to keep waiting for some future fix of a seemingly simple problem. 

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 01:38:43 pm »
Hi,

please make sure that these are your actual settings for those buttons:

Function  CC-Number  Mode
Sound
Control
Scene
Control

Sometimes there is a fault that changes the Mode settings for the Upper/Lower and Sound/Scene buttons to Duration Control and the Mode for four Snapshot buttons to Control.

You should be able to fix that with storing the right settings a second time to the keyboard memory.

warbread

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 01:53:29 pm »
Thanks Manuel.  I find this all somewhat confusing and very frustrating, but you your advice does restore functionality to my Sound and Scene buttons.  The Category and Preset adjust knobs still don't work - should they be CC20 and 21 still? 

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 03:19:19 pm »
... The Category and Preset adjust knobs still don't work - should they be CC20 and 21 still? 

Yes, if you want to use them inside a DAW, to browse through the library, you should use MIDI CC-Number 20/21. You can go up and down the prest list with these settings, but the preset filter on the left can't be controlled using the keyboard controller. You have to use the mouse to filter the preset lists. There is currently no workaround I know that can enable this function in a DAW.

All settings are listed in the The Category -/ Preset Knobs post.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines