March 28, 2024, 10:19:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: really pi**ed off!! with Mg Modular  (Read 4467 times)

corkyburger

really pi**ed off!! with Mg Modular
« on: July 19, 2004, 09:32:20 pm »
Just spent over half an hour programming a great sound and tried to save it only for the program to crash losing all my hard work. This is extremely frustrating.

I have been having problems naming my own presets recently. When I hit <save as> it saves as 'default' I would usually then highlight it and re-name it to a name of my choosing. But recently I haven't been able to highlight the name and change it. After a number of attempts the software just crashes.

Arturia must sort out these bugs and make their software stable. Whether you use it for fun or professionally as I do it is no good if you keep losing your hard work or spend all your energy dealing with errors. It just takes away all your creativity. Don't get me wrong I love the Mg modular software, if I didn't love it so much I would have demanded my money back. I just want it to work.

Please please please fix these little problems.

Thankyou

forester

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 11:57:01 am »
I sympathize and also get many crashes with the MMV.  Just start loadin g the patches in stand alone mode and it will crash every time.  The miniMg seems very stable and has never crashed though.

Why don't you open the MMV in your sequencer and save the sequence now and then while you're creating patches?  At least the sequencer will save the settings.

Forester

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 11:18:45 am »
Update - I had spent and brief but intense period evaluating the demo software just before I replied.  Last night I installed the purchased version, 1.1.  It's much, much more stable.  I could load all of the patches and play them flawlessly.  But it did crash once...

Now, this is one extremely fine machine (both the original and the software version)  IMHO the pre-programmed patches are really not up to snuff to display what the instrument can do.  The MiniMg V patches are really wonderful.  The Mg Modular V patches are nearly all very similar and a bit lacking in imagination.  Though it takes a bit of delving into to create great Mg Modular patches.

rictheobscene

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.ghettoanalogue.com
Help Arturia help you.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 08:26:54 pm »
OK, I have read in this thread that there are problems with the MMV crashing. That is pretty ambiguous. The original post asks Arturia to fix it, but you haven't given them a starting point. When asking for help, include the following.

(1) System specs including Platform (Mac/PC), Processor, RAM, OS (including Service Pack level if applicable), MIDI Interface and / or controller, and audio card.
(2) Version of the application
(3) Mode you are using the application in (e.g. Stand-Alone or one of the plug-in modes)
(4) If it is a plug-in mode, the host application you are using it with.
(5) A detailed description of the crash, including error messages and symptoms (e.g. lockups, poofs, etc.)
(6) If possible, a step by step procedure to reproduce the problem.

I am sure that Arturia will be able to do more with this than simply saying that the application crashed.

Neil C

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 12:53:51 pm »
When using v2 the other day in stand alone mode my computer spontaneously restarted itself (with a message when it booted up again saying that 'this compter has recovered from a serious error'). This is the only time my computer has ever done this (I've had it for 2 years). I was modulating a filter cut-off when it happened.

PC
Windows XP
Pentium iv (2.4ghz)
1mb Ram
Soltek motherboard
Echo Mia Soundcard

Also, the patch saving system is very confusing.

Neil C

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 02:25:09 pm »
Sorry, that should be 1gb ram.

And I have to say that the improvements and new modules are very good. Along with the headline features, I very much like that as a vst instrument it starts straight away rather than being silent for a second and coming in with a pop as it used to do.

(The site wouldn't allow me to edit my previous post)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines