March 28, 2024, 06:54:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Storm 3 crashes  (Read 11992 times)

DigitAl56K

Storm 3 crashes
« on: July 18, 2004, 03:50:53 am »
Ok, Storm 3 is seriously starting to get anoying.

I was using it today, it was working fine, I left my computer while I went out to the store, came back, and Storm 3 had crashed (in amdm.dll apparently), leaving my sound system dead.

I had to hard reset the computer, because Storm 3 would not shut down, even when I tried terminating its process in Task Manger.

Why would it crash when it was idling?

BTW: My computer did not go into power saving/standby mode, I have specifically configured it not to so that I can access it from work via VPN all day, so this is not an issue.

Arturia, why do you not answer the posts in the Technical forum? Isn't that what its there for? When will a patch for Storm 3 become available that fixes all of the issues everyone is reporting? Your silence is getting disturbing...

forager_xp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Storm 3 crashes
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 08:52:55 am »
yeh there definately are issues you aint alone, somedays storm3 seems stable other days not. I've only found one answer so far (apart from making sure your latency setting is at least 30..), that is, save, save save...

That way when the screen redraw fails, or you get a total lock up, etc,
at least you can restart eventually and reload the track you were working on.

I'm forced to admit after having storm3 with EZtrack workin better than it did in Storm2, plus the GM module...it's hard to go back to storm2 just for stability sake.

I'm waiting on a keyboard controller before i can really test drive a lot of the new feature set, until then....gl.

Didz@dron

Storm 3 crashes
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 10:19:04 am »
It's a bit normal that Storm should be instable sometimes cause it has been re-designed in some way ... I guess the Arturian team will release a patch in a close future to fix it, let's wait patiently  :wink:
d(*O*)b

mlb

• http://www.mlbprod.com
amdm.dll !!???!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 02:55:22 pm »
I think I got the same problem  :evil:  Storm 3 is born in my computer since one hour and I've already this problem ! Storm 3 stay open during 2 minutes and then I got a message of an error about the famous amdm.dll ! But I got a more important problem : the guy from ARTURIA who is able to give me an answer is on holidays...  :(  Have you a kind of answer for my problem, please ?
M.L.B. (Madame La Baronne)
www.mlbprod.com

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines