March 28, 2024, 09:35:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cubase SX and Storm  (Read 38268 times)

Stareye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.floridastudios.com
Cubase SX and Storm
« on: July 01, 2003, 05:17:47 am »
Help- I have had no luck at all getting Storm to function as a Rewire slave OR VST plug-in in Cubase SX - could some PLEASE post a quick tutorial on this - and YES I have read the one in the manual and here on the site-no go...are there issues with SX that I'm not aware of? I have no trouble with Reason at all but I would rather use Storm-I have horrible eye sight and Reason literally give me severe headaches after extended periods-TRUE!

Help! thanks in advance!

Frank from Germany

Another way
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 12:12:05 pm »
Hi, I also used Storm as rewired device for Cubase SX, it runs but after several minutes Storm hangs up. Now I use Storm standalone and export the Stormsound into *.wav. This waves I put into Cubase -> May be it's a good way for you. And it's better for the system ressources.

Stareye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Cubase SX problems-another way
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 05:54:20 pm »
Thanks-I finally figured it out too-same problem here as you had-lockup after a couple of minutes or not work at all-actually tracking to audio is not a bad way to do it except for the extra step of rendering (recording) out the audio tracks from Storm-not a bad workaround -

Good point about system resources also-
thanks for the response-at least now I know I'm not the only one!

koronis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Cubase SX and Storm
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 08:20:26 pm »
hi , i use storm in rewire mode with Sx

rewire mode of cubase sx isn''t really the same as in vst 3.5
so sometime some desynchro could happen, but you just need to go to deconnect storm in rewire and retry connection, it will works fine after.

Same for Storm in Vst instrument mode, unplug & replug connection of vst resolve these problems.

Hope it will works for you

Anonymous

This is simply not true!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 02:05:05 am »
:evil: Storm DOES NOT work properly in VST or Rewire mode with SX!  I just bought Storm yesterday because I like a few of the synths and it is ONLY good so far as a stand alone studio.  This makes me VERY unhappy.  I want help here.

Anonymous

Cubase SX and Storm
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 05:10:58 am »
It looks like Storm basically bites with Cubase SX as far as I can tell-the only thing you can do is render out waves from the recorder (record and export wav) because otherwise it is "lock-up city"...don't get me wrong-Storm is cool as a standalone, but REALLY-if it WORKED it would be nice-

VST & Rewire are a no go for me-the "reconnect" solution one of the previous guys posted doesn't seem to work for me-maybe I am missing something...the correct alignment of the planets maybe :)

HEY ARTURIA-PLEASE FIX THIS-Storm is "almost" a great program-I cannot recommend it to my colleagues/peers/friends who use Cubase (or any other) because of this ----they just say"give me a "REASON" -pun intended-

On the heels of Mg success, now would be a good time to make Storm a kick-butt alternative to Reason from a marketing stand-point-fix it...before the word gets out...

Peace

Stareye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Cubase SX and Storm
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2003, 05:37:29 am »
I have tried the reconnect solution-does not work here...I still have the same problem and most of the time I will not even be able to reconnect-this is not good-I think there might be a major problem here-could someome please post the STEPS they use in Cubase SX in order to make VST/Rewire work?

When I first got Storm I really spread the word about how cool I thought it was, but if it is not compatible to Cubase SX users is it not little more than a "REASONIZED" version of Acid 3.0 with only 4 (5 including master-I'm not including the Rewire-back-to-itself mode...) tracks...?

(In fact I have tried Storm with Acid 4.0d as a VSTi and have an interesting result to share there also...another topic...  :evil:)

koronis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Cubase SX and Storm
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2003, 08:15:46 am »
Quote from: "Anonymous"

VST & Rewire are a no go for me-the "reconnect" solution one of the previous guys posted doesn't seem to work for me-maybe I am missing something...the correct alignment of the planets maybe :)

hehe, not a solution, yep sure !
for me, it's working fine

Good work.

mavjr99

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Cubase SX and Storm
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2003, 01:13:43 pm »
Well, the fact that it works for you doesn't help me, and it still is RETARDED that you have to reconnect.  It should just WORK like every other application that I own.  And it DOES NOT work in VST mode period.  Are there any moderators that actually READ these messages.  I think we deserve an explanation in this "Mickey Mouse" message board forum.  So, gee whiz I'm gald your workaround helps, but after some thought I think you might just want an answer from the Arturia people as well.

mavjr99

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Cubase SX and Storm
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2003, 06:14:02 am »
I've had enough.  I'll never come back to this wimpy rinky dink forum again.  Before I go however, I will say that Koronis is total classless fool - IT DOESN"T WORK - get a grip with your re-connect "solution".  It is NOT A SOLUTION.  Just had to say it.  Have a nice life all.  Peace to all those that earn it.

Anonymous

Cubase SX and Storm
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2003, 04:20:36 am »
Basically-if you use Cubase SX-do not but Storm "as advertised"- it is BROKEN-big time...

and BTW-is there NO ONE to answer tech questions here? - at ALL????  I'm with the last poster-outta here... buyer beware...

Suckers
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2003, 04:35:03 am »
Forget it.  I have tried for weeks now to get Storm to work with CUBASE SX.  Wont work.  

I play live and I use a Mixman DM2 virtual turntables to scratch.  Would be awsome to use "scratcher" as a vst in Cubase, Arturia was even smart enough to have two outs so you can monitor the tables, set up a scratch and let cubase handle the melody.. Alas, it locks up EVERY DAMN TIME.

What a shame.  I always hated Java.

Anonymous

Cubase SX and Storm
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2004, 08:50:49 pm »
Same sheet with Fruityloops and FL Studio  :( . What's wrong? Any ideas how to fix this problem.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines