March 28, 2024, 10:24:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark start-up audio lagging/delay when using as VST.  (Read 1661 times)

kempkeith

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
Spark start-up audio lagging/delay when using as VST.
« on: October 31, 2011, 09:36:31 pm »
Hi guys.
For this issue I'm running Spark as VST on a Macbook Core 2 Duo, 2ghz with 4g of ram.
Spark is fully updated to 1.13 and I'm running Ableton 8.1 (i think).
Motu Firewire Ultralite, using ASIO drivers.
Everything up-to-date and working perfectly.

As stated, I have spark running as a VST inside Ableton live.  Load up my custom kits/patterns, and then I have bused the initial 8 pads/sounds inside Ableton as well.  Everything works perfectly except for:

When I press play via the Ableton transport commands, there is an "delay" in the actual audio that you hear from Spark.  Spark however is still in sync with Ableton.

Basically, if i have a 2 bar pattern with a kick on every quarter note, a hi hat on every eighth note, and snare on every half note, when I press start via Ableton's transport I will NOT hear the initial kick.  I'll probably hear the first 8th note of the 2 bars, sometimes no kick, no eighth note, but the audio starts when the initial snare drum sounds...it seems the audio from Spark needs to catch up to the sync/start from my DAW, but the kick and every other note WILL be audibly present after that initial quarter note though.

Did I make my situation clear? Anyone else experiencing this??
Is this some sort of buffer issue??
Maybe it's an Ableton thing??

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Spark start-up audio lagging/delay when using as VST.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 08:47:33 am »
Hi Keith,
this is a known issue that we thought we already fixed but it seems to be a little big dogged.
We will check this again.

Thanks for the report
Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

kempkeith

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark start-up audio lagging/delay when using as VST.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 08:15:58 pm »
Thanks Kevin.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines