April 20, 2024, 08:15:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Modular Mg V customer!  (Read 10532 times)

cdisdero

New Modular Mg V customer!
« on: June 25, 2003, 04:36:54 pm »
I am looking forward to receiving the Modular V which I just ordered from audioMidi.com in the US.  I will get it in about 5 days.  I have a 2GHz Pentium IV and have tried your demo with Sonar 2.2 (Cakewalk) and it works perfectly!  I was amazed by the sound quality of your emulation of the Mg System 3C.  For years I've wanted to create sound on a modular Mg, but the price of even a used modular was way out of reach for an amateur like me.  But now thanks to your great new program, I can realize my dream.

Like others, I'm hoping for a combined panel view and a real Sample and Hold, but I decided to buy your program now to express my support for the effort you've made to bring a product like this to market.  It is a real achievement.

Keep up the great work and I am looking forward to future versions.  I'm also looking forward to exchaning patches.

Christopher Disdero
Everett, WA

petegilbert

re: New User
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 11:55:48 pm »
I got the software about a week ago and have had a wonderful time working with it.  :D I was wondering if anyone could point me to some online reference materials on how modular synths work. I have a couple of old books (synthesizer basics and synthesizer techniques), but I would be interested in looking at other materials, too.

pete

cdisdero

What we need is some online tutorials
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 02:59:26 pm »
We need some tutorials that help us understand why you do this or why you do that with connections between modules.  Some of that is touched on in the manual that comes with the Modular V, but most is not.  I've searched and searched the Web and come up empty-handed for info on modular synthesis (from a practical perspective).  I've also come up empty handed in terms of finding patches.  It seems all those Mg owners out there are guarding their patches.  People like Wendy Carlos, for instance could make a profit by digging up the old Mg patches, trying them on the Modular V, and then documenting them (she has a talent for explaining everything) and putting them into a book and selling them.  Heck, I'd pay for that.  Wendy, if you're listening, please consider it.  How about Isao Tomita?

Yasutami

New Modular Mg V customer!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 02:23:30 pm »
Wendy,TOMITA and...do not forget Mr.Keith Emerson. :wink:

Do you know Wendy's album called "Sonic Seasoning"? It contains many good sound. Thunder,rain....

I remember TOMITA's "Switched on Hit and Rock".
I have this LP but I don't know about CD. He play "Let it be","Yesterday","Imagine",for example,with very funny sound.

I found Emerson's "Hoedown" sound in new presets. But I can't find his famous brass-like sound.

I think that these sounds must be included in next new preset bank. :o

James Ting

Nice synth, but very heavy cpu load
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 04:51:20 pm »
I just got my Mg V software and having sleepless nights playing with it, nice toy!

But one major thing that make me consider buying this software ( instead of Atmosphere) is because I am a big fan of Hideki Matsutake, who is the fouder of Logic System, also the synth programmer of YMO. I tried to sequence " Behind the mask" using the synth patch, WoW, amazing!!!! That's really like the real thing. I even play the patch side by side with the original YMO track, it's the same sound with the same modulations. I have been searching for those sounds for years.

Too bad, Hideki doesn't come with the sounds he used in Logic System in the factory preset, sounds from the "Domino Dance" and "Oriental Express" is what I am waiting for.

Arturia , please come up with some more patches from maybe Bod Mg himself, Isao Tomita, Vince Clarke, Alan Wider, Nich Rhodes........We are waiting.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines