April 19, 2024, 08:14:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New computer with Lion Authorization code not working  (Read 4854 times)

leadbelly666

New computer with Lion Authorization code not working
« on: October 20, 2011, 08:31:29 am »
Okay, I had a brief interaction with the customer service on this issue and they couldn't solve the problem and then stopped replying to my messages. So,I'll ask users.

My Analog Player software won't hold a authorization code in standalone or as an AU unit in Logic Pro. They told me to switch the pedal switch and that didn't work. They also told me to reinstall and that didn't work.

Anyone have any luck? I've been wrestling with this for about a month. I've never had such poor support from an audio company. I like the feel of the synth, but I feel like I should be reimbursed for the software that doesn't work as well as my time.

bummer, the software seems so nice.

vaikl

Re: New computer with Lion Authorization code not working
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 02:49:32 pm »
Before blaming Arturia, what is the status of the downloaded license in the Soft e-licenser app? Do you have an USB-Stick where you had put your license on or is the license on your hard drive? Did you've updated the e-licenser app to the latest version, just to ensure it's working under Lion?

slackerjax

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 07:55:02 am »
I had the same problem with Analog Player under Lion, and support was able to point me in the right direction. It looks like, under Lion, the installer is failing to create a required folder in the System's Library Folder. To fix it do the following:

- open the Terminal application
- type cd /System/Library/ to navigate to the System's Library directory
- type sudo mkdir Arturia to create a new directory called "Arturia" (you'll need to enter your admin password to authorize sudo)
- type sudo mkdir Arturia/Analog\ Player to create a new directory in the "Arturia" directory called "Analog Player"
- type sudo chmod -R 777 Arturia to assign open privileges to the new directories

This solved the problem for me. Sounds like Arturia needs to spin the installer to support Lion.

-slackerjax

djdirtyboy

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 11:41:48 pm »
Tried doing what you said and it still not working for me.  Can you tell me what files are supposed to be in the new directory?  Ive been talking to support for days, slowest support team ive ever seen.

slackerjax

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 02:26:54 am »
hey djdirtyboy, looks like I screwed up the directory location in my previous post - the missing directory should be created in /Library not /System/Library. So correct steps to solve the problem should be:

- open the Terminal application
- type cd /Library/ to navigate to the Library directory
- type sudo mkdir Arturia to create a new directory called "Arturia" (you'll need to enter your admin password to authorize sudo)
- type sudo mkdir Arturia/Analog\ Player to create a new directory in the "Arturia" directory called "Analog Player"
- type sudo chmod -R 777 Arturia to assign open privileges to the new directories

Sorry about that, I should have double checked before posting.

After running the app and licensing, I've got 3 files in /Library/Arturia/Analog Player: plugin_demo.prefs, standalone.prefs, and user_presets.prefs

If you're still having problems, try setting open privileges on /Library/Application Support/Arturia/AnalogPlayer:
sudo chmod -R 777 /Library/Application\ Support/Arturia/AnalogPlayer

Hope that works for you.

djdirtyboy

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 07:49:57 pm »
That worked.  Thank you so much man.  I wish the tech support for arturia was faster but im glad theres an informative forum base. 

srdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 04:02:24 am »
slackerjax - thank you for posting this info! After following your excellent and clear instructions, OS X Lion seems to have accepted my Authorization Code and I also can now launch Analog Player without consistently having to enter in the Auth Code every time. Many thanks.

Note to Arturia: Please include the above instructions in your knowledge base of OS X Lion issues. While I'm happy to find the solution here – it seems strange this information has not been forthcoming from your Technical Engineers.

Antoine

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 12:13:16 pm »
Done!
==> http://www.arturia.com/evolution/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=132
Thank you for pointing this glitch.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines