March 28, 2024, 09:53:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Interested in spark..  (Read 1833 times)

Matte

Interested in spark..
« on: October 07, 2011, 04:08:20 am »
So I am interested in getting spark, but I have very specifics on its capabilities.  For one I am an ableton live user so most are surrounding that. 

I want a step sequencer. Not just one that plays drums...but one that works on a piano roll of a vst such as absynth.  Is there a way of linking the spark thru ableton and set another vst to use the spark step sequencer? 

how is the internal live template? Does it move around the live interface well?

I already own an apc...and have this functionality.  But I was hoping for something I can use more portably.  Thanks in advance.

thecolorspace

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Interested in spark..
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 01:42:23 pm »
Hi Matte,
I use Live too and I own a Spark.

The first thing is that you totally need to forget the Live Drum Rack, and honestly we need to say that's really pretty and simple to use.

The difference between the Drum Rack and Spark, IMHO, is that the Spark is more "deep", so it will take more time to make a loop on the fly, internal beats are nice and you can use your samples too with the drag & drop feature.

There is something I don't like: I can't record a beat in Live using Spark Pads, I don't know why, that's weird.

If you just want a Step Sequencer, I don't think you need to spend all that money for the Spark, there are lot of Step Sequencers VSTs out there for lower price, while if you want to have a Drum Machine feeling, Spark is what you need. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines