March 29, 2024, 11:06:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: DIY KIT CRASH PROBLEMS....  (Read 1440 times)

tvoncartier

DIY KIT CRASH PROBLEMS....
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:25:28 am »
So I am trying to make my own kits from samples I have collected using the DIY KIT template...

I have run across two 'issues'.....the first and biggest is that it repeatedly crashes over and over.  I am not using this in a DAW but as a standalone while I am making kits.  This happened probably 6-7 times within 15 minutes.  I started having to save after I loaded a sample each time because it would crash.

Second, when loading multiple samples in the 'layers' area.  I click on the 'link' button because I assumed that this button would cause the different layers to play together.  AS far as I know it doesn't really do anything.  So what I am hearing is the last sample loaded (ie i have samples loaded in layers 1-4 but only hear layer 4)...I looked in the manual but the 'link' button isn't even in the manual.

Please help.

dijidave

• Beta-testers
Re: DIY KIT CRASH PROBLEMS....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 08:59:14 am »
   Different layers play seperately at different velocities. I think the last loaded layer plays at the highest velocity, but I could be wrong & it's the other way round. Link makes paramater changes affect all layers, un-link to change parameters on individual layers seperately.
      Good luck with the crashing,     :)

Emilie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: DIY KIT CRASH PROBLEMS....
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 10:55:13 am »
Hi,

Could you give more informations about the crashing? Is there any steps to reproduce the crashes?

As described by Dave, different layers play at different velocities. The first layer plays at lower velocity and the last layer at a higher velocity. If you have 2 samples the first layer will play from min velocity to half max velocity and the second one from half max velocity to max velocity and so on.

>> Link makes paramater changes affect all layers, un-link to change parameters on >>individual layers separately.

Exactly, thanks Dave!

Best,
Emilie

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines