March 28, 2024, 11:44:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Still can't copy/paste paterns  (Read 2254 times)

dijidave

• Beta-testers
Still can't copy/paste paterns
« on: October 03, 2011, 01:55:14 pm »
Having installed the latest update, I find that I still cant copy?paste patterns in the song window of the software. It says in the manual
    "To copy a pattern, drag and Drop a pattern number while holding [Option/Alt] on Mac
OSX or [Ctrl] on Windows and drop it on another pattern number. A pop-up menu will
ask you to confirm your choice. Click Ok."
                       however this doesn't happen for me, instead the pattern I am trying to copy appears to slide back to its original position & no popup appears. I can't get patterns to swap either.
     Also I find that the Pattern display in the Song window is out of sync with my hardware controller if I click on a pattern number in the software display, that number lights up, but the sequence displayed in the pattern window stays the same as the pattern button which is lit up on the hardware controller, which hasn't changed either.
         I am using Windows 7, 32bit, Spark 1.1.3 in standalone mode.
  I hope you can fix this,
                          regards,
                                 Dave     :'(

Emilie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Still can't copy/paste paterns
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 02:25:31 pm »
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your feedbacks!
A/ Pattern drag
I have one question: From where are you dragging the pattern?

You should be able to drag:
 1/ the pattern's buttons from the pattern circle in the upper right part of the song panel to the song slots
 2/ the selected patterns in the song slots in the song panel to another slots

B/Song out of sync
If you want to change a pattern when song is playing you should use the sequencer steps to set the desired position in the song. I.E. you want to jump to the fifth pattern in your song, press step 5 of the sequencer in the main panel. As a pattern could not be used or used multiple time in a song, there is no connections between the song and the pattern selector in the main panel, that's why your pattern click is not reflected in the song panel.

I hope this help,

Best,
Emilie

dijidave

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 09:46:53 pm »
Thanks Emile,
     I was trying to drag a pattern from one number to another on the pattern circle.
My problem is that I want to copy a pattern to a new spot & then modify it without changing the original pattern & I still see no way to do this without having to export patterns as MIDI files in a DAW  & then importing them back into Spark again. This is a time consuming process which disrupts the creative work flow, & which I thought had been fixed in the latest update,
        Best wishes,
                  Dave

dijidave

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 10:10:02 pm »
Sorry Emile,
       I just found the relevant section in the user manual,
                        regards,
                               Dave   ;D

condit79

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 06:04:42 am »
Dave, what is that section of the manual covers this and what do you do?  I'm having a hard time finding it for some reason...it's not a very intuitive process, so I'd love a pointer here. Thanks a ton!

dijidave

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 08:04:52 am »
Hi Condit,
    in Spark113.pdf, look for section 7.1.6 Controller Shortcuts
                   Good luck,
                             Dave

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines