March 28, 2024, 09:56:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: concerns saving projects in Spark when working in Ableton Live  (Read 2193 times)

keplinger

• Beta-testers
concerns saving projects in Spark when working in Ableton Live
« on: September 29, 2011, 08:46:45 pm »
Does the saving of a project in Spark!
Today I lost half an hour of work with the Spark!  :-\
What I do not understand:
When I work with Ableton Live on a project/song and the current project is NOT saved as a Project in Spark, the next time I working on the project, everything is OK.
But if I open a project/song, save the Project at the beginning in Spark, then keep working (different pattern, etc.)with the Spark, close the Project in Ableton including saving, I missing the next time after open the Song again, all the work i do after save my project in Spark! What happened?  :-[
I think everything I do with the Spark is also saved by the sequencer (Ableton Live)?
But after saving one project in Spark, it seems everything I do after that is NOT secured!? Is this normal?  ???

vaikl

Re: concerns saving projects in Spark when working in Ableton Live
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 11:54:26 am »
I think everything I do with the Spark is also saved by the sequencer (Ableton Live)?

That's right, but it won't be stored as a Spark project, it will be saved as plugin parameters within the Live project.

I don't know Spark, but maybe it has an "Open last project on startup"-option?? Could be that with this option activated Spark overwrites the parameters which were saved by Live before. Just a thought.

MDCR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 08:06:13 am »
It seems Ableton will not save plugin parameters such as fader levels or kit selection/presets/effects within SPARK so the kits/preset of SPARK you're working on needs to be saved separately within the SPARK GUI, otherwise when you launch your project in ableton it will only load the default SPARK kit.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe SPARK now has a save facility access /button/shortcut on the controller itself with the 1.1.3 update?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 08:48:10 am »
Hi keplinger,
you are right, Live should save everything you do with Spark.
If it does not, it is a Spark bug  :-(.
I will check this.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

vaikl

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 12:00:32 pm »
It seems Ableton will not save plugin parameters such as fader levels or kit selection/presets/effects within SPARK so the kits/preset of SPARK you're working on needs to be saved separately within the SPARK GUI, otherwise when you launch your project in ableton it will only load the default SPARK kit.

No, as keplinger wrote *everything* will be saved and loaded correctly by Live if you DON'T save later changes in Spark itself. Saving parameters like preset numbers (i.e. kits or projects in Spark) is part of the VSTi specification which every DAW should have implemented.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines