March 29, 2024, 12:40:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Getting rid of presets  (Read 2932 times)

warbread

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Getting rid of presets
« on: September 24, 2011, 02:42:38 am »
Hello

I just got my V Collection in the mail and, despite my serious misgivings about this dongle issue, I'm ready to get my hands dirty with the synths.  However, all of these presets are distracting and I'm not interested in using them.  I've been able to find the preset folder for the Jupiter and deleted them successfully, but I'm not having any such luck with the others.  How can I purge myself of the presets and get on with a more clutter-free life?

Thanks

YESMAN

Re: Getting rid of presets
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 01:31:21 pm »
Having found the preset folder for the Jupiter, I'm not sure why you do not see the others. I removed the factory presets from my set-up and also do preset organizing from the folders. If you are running under Windows, the path should be something like C:\Program Files\Arturia\(the VSTi instrument folder)\Save. The P folders are the Banks, the B folders are Sub-Banks and the I folders the individual presets. Let us know if you have success in this

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 09:03:53 am »
Deleting the factory presets is highly dangerous for the synthesizer integrity and stability. What you are doing will lead to unpredicted behavior. I suggest you don't touch any of the factory presets. Well, your choice...
If needed, a simple synth reinstall directly from the latest update should restore it back to normal operation.
ex-Arturian

YESMAN

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 02:58:44 pm »
The only issue I recall was that you need to have a P0 folder in it's correct location. I set this up some time ago on the CS-80V and Arp-2600V and have not had any problems. I will look into my notes to see if I need to post more details. Certainly this is at the risk and responsibility of the user to decide if they want to alter the default state. A reinstall will set things back to right if there are problems.

warbread

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 09:58:08 am »
Thank you for the reply, guys. 

Yesman, I'm on a Mac and the presets aren't all in the same location.  The Jupiter's was the easiest to find as they were somewhere predictable - /Library/Application Support/Arturia, in case anyone else is wondering.  But none of the others are easily found.  Searching for ARP 2600 or Mg only gives me the applications, application folders and user manuals for the synths, presets nowhere to be found.  I appreciate the info about the P and B folders, that's good to know.

Antoine, how can deleting presets make a synth unstable?  I'm not a programmer, so I don't actually know any better, but that seems ludicrous. 

Thanks again for the input.  I'm going to keep looking and I'll report their locations if I find the rest.

kendallpetty7334

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 11:30:03 am »
Deleting the factory presets is highly dangerous for the synthesizer integrity and stability. What you are doing will lead to unpredicted behavior. I suggest you don't touch any of the factory presets. Well, your choice...
If needed, a simple synth reinstall directly from the latest update should restore it back to normal operation.

I guess you did a good advice there.

jeffryder12

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.r4cards.co.uk/categories/R4-3DS
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 05:31:20 am »
I'm almost assuming that, to have such level of mapping complexity, maybe a dedicated "V-Synth Map Editor" would be the way to go... freeing the existing GUI from this degree of extra complexity... although on-the-fly MIDI learn implemented on each instrument GUI is very useful too, for quick, temporary or track/song/project based mapping.

Amy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 05:39:22 pm »
Very helpful.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines